• We would like to welcome Overt Skincare as an official Affiliate Vendor. Overt is a different kind of skincare company that’s transforming the industry through transparency, efficacy, and charity. After a positive reaction as a guest of Epaulet (one of our stalwarts) Overt decided to join our ranks. This is the first skincare line to have an official presence on Styleforum, and we are very excited to have them on board. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, did you purchase the EB trees, and do you use them?
Not for these. But my bourbon Balways have lasted trees. I’d actually recommend them in the long run as EB has a high instep vamp which means most trees won’t be flush.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not for these. But my bourbon Balways have lasted trees. I’d actually recommend them in the long run as EB has a high instep vamp which means most trees won’t be flush.
Yes I agree, I always purchase their trees with my boots. Based on how your boots looked, I was going to be very surprised if you had told me you used their trees.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree, I always purchase their trees with my boots. Based on how your boots looked, I was going to be very surprised if you had told me you used their trees.
Yeah... cool.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Yeah... cool.
I suppose @caffed has feet with a lower instep? Most EB's lasts are designed for high instep feet (many Italian shoemakers don't like V gaping between the laces). I have feet with a (very) high instep and was glad when I first discovered EB. I struggled with the lasts from many other makers, the instep being too tight in their oxfords.
There's quite some 'rolling' going on with these boots but I love it. It gives them character and I often find that quality shoes look just as interesting well worn as they look brand new.

Patrick1053

Reaction score
What is the fit of the 804 last like. Is it very narrow in the toe box? Carmina Rain last in UK 10 is too big for me. TLB Mallorca Picasso last in 9.5 F is a good fit.

dangerous

Reaction score
I'm also posting this here:

Anyone of you guys got any experience of instep in button boots? I'm thinking of a MTO on the 74945 last... I got a pair of hunter boots, but the instep is too high. My other boots - the 3937 and 391 got high insteps but it works.

I know button boots are notorious for importance of fit, so I want to see if anyone has experience of it before I start dreaming too much...

Do lasts differ in the instep?

Is it similar to the lace up boots where lacing closes and it rubs against eachother, or is it more like more room = better, to some extent?

bsarosi

Reaction score
What is the fit of the 804 last like. Is it very narrow in the toe box? Carmina Rain last in UK 10 is too big for me. TLB Mallorca Picasso last in 9.5 F is a good fit.
I find 804 to actually fit roomier compared to 062 or 946 so much so that I have to size down half from 062/946. I wear 8.5 in 062 and 946 and 8 in 804. Of the 3, the 8 in 804 fits the best across the vamp, instep, and toebox. For me, ordering the same size in 804 as 062/946 would have resulted in a fit that was too roomy. I don't have experience with TLB Mallorca but I wear 8.5 in Carmina Rain for comparison.

Patrick1053

Reaction score
I find 804 to actually fit roomier compared to 062 or 946 so much so that I have to size down half from 062/946. I wear 8.5 in 062 and 946 and 8 in 804. Of the 3, the 8 in 804 fits the best across the vamp, instep, and toebox. For me, ordering the same size in 804 as 062/946 would have resulted in a fit that was too roomy. I don't have experience with TLB Mallorca but I wear 8.5 in Carmina Rain for comparison.
Thank you! I am gonna order some Balmoral boots, and I am trying to decide whether 9.5 or 10 is better for me. I would add the boots are shell cordovan.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Thank you! I am gonna order some Balmoral boots, and I am trying to decide whether 9.5 or 10 is better for me. I would add the boots are shell cordovan.
I'd guess you're a 9.5 or maybe even a 9 wide in 804 last. It is an elongated last as my size 8 is about the same length as 062/946 in 8.5.

Patrick1053

Reaction score
I'd guess you're a 9.5 or maybe even a 9 wide in 804 last. It is an elongated last as my size 8 is about the same length as 062/946 in 8.5.
Thanks, I will go with that! Also, what are your thought about the Cuban tapered heel?

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Is anyone else interested in getting together for a GMTO through Mehra? color 8 Shell cordovan Balmoral boots. A new design.
Model.JPG

I already placed my order, but I am sure you could all still be added if you want to.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.