• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea i like them both and here is a picture that i was just sent by someone i know who has swatches of all three next to each other: Hidro Walnut, Canapa, and Tabacco Hope this helps to give you a better thought for me. I like them all but think that the Tobacco is great for many types of styles since it looks between EG Coffee and Mink, but to me, I think it would be better for another style over a monk. It could be great for a two tone derby or blutcher with a calf or grain leather. I feel like the Walnut and Canapa are the better choices after seeing this pictures because the Canapa looks like EG Mushroom and easily works for both Summer and Fall attire. The Walnut seem like it is between GG Fox and EG Coffee.
Since you busted out the pictures of swatchs that changes the whole thing. Now I wonder if any one can actually provide real life natural light pictures. Of all three to get an better idea. I do know in some pictures they look very dark & some they look totally different. I do agree tobacco would work for both fall & summer. But let me ask you are you using them just casually or you want some thing to dress up & down?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since you busted out the pictures of swatchs that changes the whole thing. Now I wonder if any one can actually provide real life natural light pictures. Of all three to get an better idea. I do know in some pictures they look very dark & some they look totally different. I do agree tobacco would work for both fall & summer. But let me ask you are you using them just casually or you want some thing to dress up & down?

Hey i know what you mean, but I think that it is best to go off of this picture since it is in a white back ground with good lighting. I would expect that would give the best color and at least since the three are directly next to each other they can be compared.

The Tobacco is nice, but I just think that I'd rather have that color is a different model of shoe than a chukka. I would much rather go with the Walnut or Canapa because they are both lighter in color.

Yes I am going to wear them casually. I only want to be able to wear them in the summer with shorts but also be able to wear them in the fall with jeans or khaki of some sort for casual things.

Hope that helps and thanks for your thoughts in advanced.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey i know what you mean, but I think that it is best to go off of this picture since it is in a white back ground with good lighting. I would expect that would give the best color and at least since the three are directly next to each other they can be compared. 

The Tobacco is nice, but I just think that I'd rather have that color is a different model of shoe than a chukka. I would much rather go with the Walnut or Canapa because they are both lighter in color. 

Yes I am going to wear them casually. I only want to be able to wear them in the summer with shorts but also be able to wear them in the fall with jeans or khaki of some sort for casual things. 

Hope that helps and thanks for your thoughts in advanced.

Just from those swatch pictures man I am digging walnut & canapa but I am liking walnut more its light but not super light at least from the picture above. And I think it can blend well with casual vibe & odd pants & coats etc specially with darker shades of color.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have one coming in Hidro Volpe, but of those three, if you want to dress it up, go Tobacco, for casual and shorts wear with some trousers, Walnut or Canapa. I think I like Walnut the best of those.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just from those swatch pictures man I am digging walnut & canapa but I am liking walnut more its light but not super light at least from the picture above. And I think it can blend well with casual vibe & odd pants & coats etc specially with darker shades of color.

I have one coming in Hidro Volpe, but of those three, if you want to dress it up, go Tobacco, for casual and shorts wear with some trousers, Walnut or Canapa. I think I like Walnut the best of those.

Yea I'm set between Canapa and Walnut for this pair of chukkas. I think that the Tobacco would be great for many different styles and could be a great two tone opportunity too. Tobacco is just too dark for what i want in a chukka at this point.

Between the Canapa and Walnut, I think that the Walnut could have more uses for other shoes than the Canapa and that is making me think that I should strongly consider the Canapa for the chukka.
I think the Walnut would be a great chukka as well, but I feel like the Walnut could also be great in a two tone spectator shoe with either calf or even a textured leather like grain. I don't think that the Canapa would look that great in many other shoes except for the chukka.

what do you guys think?

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea I'm set between Canapa and Walnut for this pair of chukkas. I think that the Tobacco would be great for many different styles and could be a great two tone opportunity too. Tobacco is just too dark for what i want in a chukka at this point. 

Between the Canapa and Walnut, I think that the Walnut could have more uses for other shoes than the Canapa and that is making me think that I should strongly consider the Canapa for the chukka.
I think the Walnut would be a great chukka as well, but I feel like the Walnut could also be great in a two tone spectator shoe with either calf or even a textured leather like grain. I don't think that the Canapa would look that great in many other shoes except for the chukka. 

what do you guys think?

If you are going to put it like that then yes you are absolutely correct, by the way I picked up EB Chelsea boot, tobacco suede will fill you in how they look in real life.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
X-post

Burgundy Beauty pre-order now live:
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/colle...pre-order-deposit-enzo-bonafe-burgundy-beauty

Price inc VAT: 5400 SEK inc VAT
Price ex VAT: 4320 SEK ex VAT
US price: $525

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are going to put it like that then yes you are absolutely correct, by the way I picked up EB Chelsea boot, tobacco suede will fill you in how they look in real life.

great to know that you agree. I'm going to do the Canapa suede (like EG mushroom suede) for the chukka and then go with the walnut for a two tone shoe in the future after i make sure that my last fitting has been basically perfected.

Make sure to post pics of the tobacco chelsea when you get them so maybe i'll make a move on them on another two tone shoe with some type of grain leather too. I'm getting some great ideas now!

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

great to know that you agree. I'm going to do the Canapa suede (like EG mushroom suede) for the chukka and then go with the walnut for a two tone shoe in the future after i make sure that my last fitting has been basically perfected. 

Make sure to post pics of the tobacco chelsea when you get them so maybe i'll make a move on them on another two tone shoe with some type of grain leather too. I'm getting some great ideas now!

They should be coming in Tuesday & will post pic once they arrive & I am hoping we can get gable project rolling hopefully :)

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should be coming in Tuesday & will post pic once they arrive & I am hoping we can get gable project rolling hopefully
smile.gif

so do I.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads