Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chris "Italia", Nov 4, 2007.

1. TtownMD

TtownMD Distinguished Member

Since you busted out the pictures of swatchs that changes the whole thing. Now I wonder if any one can actually provide real life natural light pictures. Of all three to get an better idea. I do know in some pictures they look very dark & some they look totally different. I do agree tobacco would work for both fall & summer. But let me ask you are you using them just casually or you want some thing to dress up & down?

2. mw313

mw313 Distinguished Member

Hey i know what you mean, but I think that it is best to go off of this picture since it is in a white back ground with good lighting. I would expect that would give the best color and at least since the three are directly next to each other they can be compared.

The Tobacco is nice, but I just think that I'd rather have that color is a different model of shoe than a chukka. I would much rather go with the Walnut or Canapa because they are both lighter in color.

Yes I am going to wear them casually. I only want to be able to wear them in the summer with shorts but also be able to wear them in the fall with jeans or khaki of some sort for casual things.

Hope that helps and thanks for your thoughts in advanced.

3. TtownMD

Just from those swatch pictures man I am digging walnut & canapa but I am liking walnut more its light but not super light at least from the picture above. And I think it can blend well with casual vibe & odd pants & coats etc specially with darker shades of color.

4. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

I have one coming in Hidro Volpe, but of those three, if you want to dress it up, go Tobacco, for casual and shorts wear with some trousers, Walnut or Canapa. I think I like Walnut the best of those.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015

5. mw313

Yea I'm set between Canapa and Walnut for this pair of chukkas. I think that the Tobacco would be great for many different styles and could be a great two tone opportunity too. Tobacco is just too dark for what i want in a chukka at this point.

Between the Canapa and Walnut, I think that the Walnut could have more uses for other shoes than the Canapa and that is making me think that I should strongly consider the Canapa for the chukka.
    I think the Walnut would be a great chukka as well, but I feel like the Walnut could also be great in a two tone spectator shoe with either calf or even a textured leather like grain. I don't think that the Canapa would look that great in many other shoes except for the chukka.

what do you guys think?

6. TtownMD

If you are going to put it like that then yes you are absolutely correct, by the way I picked up EB Chelsea boot, tobacco suede will fill you in how they look in real life.

7. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

8. Stefan88

Stefan88 Senior Member

9. mw313

great to know that you agree. I'm going to do the Canapa suede (like EG mushroom suede) for the chukka and then go with the walnut for a two tone shoe in the future after i make sure that my last fitting has been basically perfected.

Make sure to post pics of the tobacco chelsea when you get them so maybe i'll make a move on them on another two tone shoe with some type of grain leather too. I'm getting some great ideas now!

10. TtownMD

They should be coming in Tuesday & will post pic once they arrive & I am hoping we can get gable project rolling hopefully :)

11. mw313

so do I.

12. TtownMD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cross post

Enzo B Chelsea Whole Cut Boot Love it :slayer:

13. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Absolutely gorgeous! I don't even like suede (don't kill me SF!!) but these are too lovely to dislike.

14. mw313

great pair and I love the color! so that is the Tobacco Hidro Suede, right?

15. TtownMD

Yes these are tobacco hidro suede mw313 & I love them good mix for winter & summer. Dress up or down etc but very very good for price :slayer: