Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chris "Italia", Nov 4, 2007.

1. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Hi Guys,

Am trying to gather interest for this particular makeup.

Jodhpur boot

[​IMG]\

Uppers - flexible between vitello melezze or perhaps bolet, or dark brown museum calf
    Last - 804
    Handwelt
    Sole - Millerighe rubber sole

We already have 2 interests and are trying to find just one more!

Cheers.

2. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

bump!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

3. hmlarsson

hmlarsson Senior member

Pics of my Enzo Bonafè MTO. Model is 1968 with wider brogue pattern at the lacing, on the 363MOD last. Leather is Pewter Museum Calf, was expecting it to be grey, but it is more like dark bronze (?). Beautiful color (and now I have to buy another pair, in grey[​IMG]). Some crease on the lower toe part on the left shoes raised some concerns. Not that unusual with handwelted shoes I was told, and I think it will be hidden with som polishing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Very nice, Congrats!!!

It's my understanding the creasing you speak of is more common with museum calf.

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Very nice congrats

6. hmlarsson

hmlarsson Senior member

Thanks!
    Yes, creasing all over the shoe seems to be common with museum calf.
    But what I was concerned about was this in the picture below. And this have to do with the construction method I was told.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

7. urban

urban Senior member

The colour is beautiful. Very unique.

8. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Winter is coming.

[​IMG]

9. Cityplace

Cityplace Senior member

^^awesome, the leather looks amazingly rich in colour.

10. mw313

mw313 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey guys so I'm looking at this style chukka boot but want it in a lighter colored suede so I can use it in the summer with shorts but can also wear it in the fall with jeans or khakis. I don't want sand suede because I have a pair of 3 eyelet derbys in that color by another brand already. I'm going to have it with a single leather sole with a natural sole edge.

I also prefer not to get a really dark brown because I feel that a medium or lighter suede will be more versatile for those two uses that I have given above. I also don't want one that is too close to GGs polo suede because of the red tones In that brown that make it unique.

So I'm Considering ones like EG coffee suede or something like a dark beige. You can see the more medium hidro suede and also a couple that could fit the bill in Janus suede (Janus snuff and maracca).

Does anyone know the difference between the hidro amd Janus suede? All I've heard is that the Janus is a bit more sporty which makes me think that it would have a thicker nap or be more coarse.

What do you guys think?

11. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I do know this EB is getting rid of there Janus suede & will only stock hidro suede once there supply run out of Janus. Personally I would go with hidro for suede. But it's a preference thing :D

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I prefer hidro as well. Currently have a chukka in hidro jaspar on the way.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015

13. mw313

mw313 Senior member

What are your thoughts on the coloring? I don't want sand suede but I'm fine with a darker beige or light / medium brown. I want to be able to wear it in the summer with shorts but also to be able to wear with jeans or khaki in the fall without a problem.

The Janus Maracca and Janus Snuff both fit the bill in terms of color, but i guess i would have to know if they were even available. In terms of the hidro, what options do you think would work?

Hidro Canapa (like EG mushroom, which is a great beige color)
    Hidro Walnut (says like GG Fox suede which is very nice and could be quite versatile for summer and fall - thoughts?)
    Hidro Tabacco (like EG coffee suede, which i guess could work for summer and fall - thoughts?)

14. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

In my opinion I would say you can use hidro canapa or tobacco both for fall & summer even though EB tobacco is little lighter in real life than the pic that you see on soaks website. I would say walnut would be my third choice

15. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Yea i like them both and here is a picture that i was just sent by someone i know who has swatches of all three next to each other:

Hidro Walnut, Canapa, and Tabacco

[​IMG]

Hope this helps to give you a better thought for me. I like them all but think that the Tobacco is great for many types of styles since it looks between EG Coffee and Mink, but to me, I think it would be better for another style over a monk. It could be great for a two tone derby or blutcher with a calf or grain leather.

I feel like the Walnut and Canapa are the better choices after seeing this pictures because the Canapa looks like EG Mushroom and easily works for both Summer and Fall attire. The Walnut seem like it is between GG Fox and EG Coffee.