• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 16

URALLMORONS

Reaction score

Nomad is overpriced (and their in-store service is brutal), but they usually have decent EG buys and most of the stuff in bigger sizes (L, XL) makes it on sale eventually.

Understudy Shop and Roden Grey are two better-priced online Canadian retailers for EG. There are two shops near me that carry EG, but don't sell it online. I've picked up almost all my EG gear at 50-75% off here in Montreal.

I actually can't think of more than 7 shops that carry EG in this country (4 of which are in Toronto) so you're usually stuck paying whatever they ask, unless you want to play customs and exchange rate-roulette when ordering from the US or Europe.

Bought from them online. They sent the wrong size and charged me for items that I ordered that they never shipped. Never even emailed me to tell me that some of the items were already sold and when I approached them regarding a return label due to their error in shipping I never got a email response back. Never doing business with them again.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
Picked up a Rounded Collar shirt in White 2ply 100s Broadcloth this weekend. They run a little small, so I sized up to a medium which measures 20.75" P2P and it fits perfectly. The fabric is also nice and lightweight.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
What's the fit like on this season's Olive Ripstop Bedford? I'm 5'11, 155lbs with a 38" chest and am debating between the small and medium.

In most store photos, the models are ~6'1 and wear a medium. Based on how the Bedford fits them, I feel like a medium's sleeves would be too long on me. However, looking at the measurements, sizing down to a small may be too tight in the chest.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually find EG jackets (Bedford, Andover, and Baker) to be a touch on the snug side for me in small. The olive ripstop was just about perfect for me in small, so it is probably a smidge looser than the average fitting EG jacket.

Last edited:

tobiasfunke

Reaction score

I usually find EG jackets (Bedford, Andover, and Baker) to be a touch on the snug side for me in small. The olive ripstop was just about perfect for me in small, so it is probably a smidge looser than the average fitting EG jacket.

What is your height/weight/chest?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone picked up the aviator? might grab one when my tax return comes through.

PocketOfTies

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the grey homespun fabric this spring? I have not seen in person but it looks/appears to be on the heavier side for a spring summer fabric? Thanks

edman1905

Reaction score
What's the fit like on this season's Olive Ripstop Bedford? I'm 5'11, 155lbs with a 38" chest and am debating between the small and medium.

In most store photos, the models are ~6'1 and wear a medium. Based on how the Bedford fits them, I feel like a medium's sleeves would be too long on me. However, looking at the measurements, sizing down to a small may be too tight in the chest.

FWIW, I'm almost the same size as you, (a little shorter), and got that jacket in a small. For me, I think the small is the perfect size and I would be swimming in a medium. My only complaint is that the jacket is a bit tight in the shoulders and across the back, but I don't know if that is just my proportions. Other than that, I think it fits great on me. When i button it up, it doesn't feel or look too tight in the chest, but then again, i don't usually button it up.

Here are some fit pics

Last edited:

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Good Morning! Thought I'd take a minute on this snowy monday to post up the remainder of our summer selection (at least I think it's the remainder...)

these styles will be up on the website tomorrow, but I wanted to hit you guys with the early access.

Bedford Jacket

Grey Homespun, 7.5oz Black Denim, Navy Cotton Twill, Olive Cotton Ripstop

Work Shirt

Olive Poplin, Navy/Blue/White Big Plaid

Popover BD Shirt

Navy/Red/White Big Plaid, Navy/Blue/White Big Plaid

Chauncey Shirt

Blue Geo Jacquard

Fatigue Pant

Grey Homespun

Fatigue Shorts

Navy Cotton Twill, Olive Cotton Ripstop, Khaki Cotton Twill

Last edited:

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the grey homespun fabric this spring? I have not seen in person but it looks/appears to be on the heavier side for a spring summer fabric? Thanks

Definitely heavier than something like the ripstop, but not anywhere close to their fall fabrics. It almost has a blurry effect up close, like those magic eye pictures from the 90s.

FWIW - I have the fatigues and they are sized S-XL rather than 28-36 and the XLs are certainly bigger than the 36's from last S/S.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up some scarves. :satisfied:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads