1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS 16

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jan 3, 2016.

1. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

Not specifically a SS16 question, but how do the Ripstop Fatigues and FW15 Olive Outback Canvas Fatigues compare? How similar do they look in person?

2. tobiasfunke

Does anyone have this season's banded collar chambray shirt? I noticed some odd pulling (I think) below the right shoulder, and several model photos appear to show it as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oddly enough, it's only visible when the top button is unbuttoned and goes away if buttoned. The shirt is fairly roomy too, so I don't think it's from being too tight. Is it just cut weird?

3. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

I tried it on and have a guess--the chambray was extremely stiff on it--an interesting crinkly texture. Probably would go away once washed and relaxed.

4. whereeaglesdare

whereeaglesdare Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure its just the stiff texture of the shirt. Once its been worn in and washed it will go away.
    I regret not copping one. The chambray is some of the best I've seen.

5. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

@tobiasfunke
    I bought the Banded Collar Shirt (size small) and have worn/washed a few times. Chambray not quite softened up yet and there's no pull on the shoulder as shown either.

You will note the left chest pocket is actually a two-in-one!

1 person likes this.
  6. tobiasfunke

Did the chambray shrink at all for you? I haven't washed mine yet, but I typically wash things cold and hang dry.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  7. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Minimal if any shrinkage. The shirt is a bit tight around the base of my neck with top button done up so i generally wear top button undone. Bit more relaxed feel/look.

Chambray will stretch a bit over time with wear. So i look forward to how this will look/feel in a few years.

I always wash cold (unless for emergency stain removal soaking then warm soak first) and hang dry only. Never in warm/hot water to avoid fading. This applies to all items except wool/cashmere which then undergoes professional dry cleaning.

1 person likes this.
  8. soqueriaterum

soqueriaterum Senior member

Anyone in NYC willing to proxy the new In Print Vol. 4?

9. Chrisseander

Chrisseander New Member

Just got mine too, olive in L.

The cut and fit of the jacket, mhmm, making love with that! I dont need my gf, ill just think about that before i get ready to sleep to help my needs, shit im not gonna bother about cleaning up afterwards, ill just let it dry in while i fall asleep in my mess all peaceful and reminiscent of early teens. Bliss.

Anyway, ye, its great. Doesnt seem to be that many who had eyes for it here though judging by the thread?

1 person likes this.
  10. tobiasfunke

Has anyone in the US ordered from TBB this season? If so, were you charged any additional customs fees?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  11. Tramlines

Tramlines Active Member

Me too. I don't know what to do about this.

I read the measurements carefully and decide on a Medium (usual size). Some medium EGs come up baggy like 19th century farmstead wear. Is it intentional?
    Its too much hassle to return.

TBB are brilliant Tobias. You shouldnt have any customs issues. They've only ever been brilliant when I use them.

1 person likes this.
  12. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Ordered two jackets during s 25% off sale. No fees at all.

1 person likes this.
  13. sneakypete

sneakypete Active Member

Love TBB Tobias. No fees. Super-fast ship to west coast US too.

14. sneakypete

sneakypete Active Member

Anybody pick these up from SS16?

Do they fit TTS? How about sleeve length.?

I am 16-34 in button down shirts is size L usually.

[​IMG]

15. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

you don't/shouldn't get charged import fees for MUSA goods.

16. jrmy

jrmy Well-Known Member

Kind of a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone could identify the t shirt the model is wearing in this photo. It seems like he's wearing this shirt in just about every photo they post and it is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.

[​IMG]

17. innerpiece

innerpiece Active Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  18. tobiasfunke

Anyone have this season's banded collar shirt in white paisley lawn? Mine just arrived, and the hem seems uneven/slanted at the front—the left side is longer than the right. I'm wondering if they're all cut that way, or if it's just my shirt.

Edit: Looking at some store photos it appears they all may be cut like that? What do you think?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  19. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Sounds like it rolled off the line with some extra wabi sabi. Enjoy.

20. modual

modual Senior member

Anyone got or tried this seasons fatigue shorts ? As usual the measurements are all over the place between different stores so i can't decide to go with small or medium to fit my 32" waist ?