1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS 16

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jan 3, 2016.

1. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

^ Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the long chambray shirt.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Anyone familiar with the type 6 denim sizing? I keep seeing various sizing from a 32 measuring exactly 16" flat across to them measuring around 16.5" I"m normally a 32 or M and figuring these will probably stretch a bit.

3. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I just measured my Type 6 ripstop and they are 16.5".

1 person likes this.
  4. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Thanks so much, really appreciate the help! That size is going to be perfect.

5. BlakeRVA

BlakeRVA Senior member

Pro Tip: The Bureau is having a sale and they haven't adjusted their prices for the post-Brexit economy. For American customers, this means about 10% off the original price, which when combined with the already 40% off EG pieces - you are getting a pretty nice deal early on in the sale season. Get it while it's hot, folks!

6. duff406

duff406 Senior member

Am I just stupid or am I doing it wrong? $95GBP comes out to $126USD, right?

7. BlakeRVA

BlakeRVA Senior member

Correct. The currency was trading at around 1 USD = 0.65 GBP before Brexit, now it trades at 1 USD = 0.75 GBP, hence the increased buying power of the USD and decreased price of merchandise at The Bureau Belfast for US buyers.

For anyone who cares, here is a graph of the exchange rate for the GBP and USD. The one month and one year view give you a better sense of how Brexit has immediately impacted the British economy: http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1Y

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  8. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

Anyone have thoughts on this season's Tropical Wool Suit (Andover + Cinch Pants)? Navy or Grey?

9. blue peter

blue peter Senior member

i picked up the navy tw suit this season and i absolutely love it. the only thing that worries me is how thin the fabric is - i had a pair of cashmere blend cinch pants tear in a weird way a year ago. that fabric was quite thin, too...i imagine (hope) the tw is stronger. it's great though, because when it's 33C here in DC tw makes a noticeable difference!

other thoughts - i'm on the taller side and the cinch pants fit like all the other makeups, a bit too short but i'm fine rocking the cropped look, just wish they were an inch longer in 34. the jacket fits well off the rack, just a bit of collar standoff but hardly noticeable......that's about it. overall it's a fantastic suit and even better if you can grab it on sale!

1 person likes this.
  10. tobiasfunke

I have a pair of the SS15 Ghurka Shorts in Navy Tropical Wool and I agree with you—awesome fabric, a little thin, but they've held up fine.

I actually decided to complete the Khaki Iridescent Suit instead. I've had the Cinch Pants for a while and just picked up the Andover. Should be a nice Summer suit.

11. Sieglinde

Sieglinde Senior member

@Drinkwaters FW16 thread soon?

12. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    4 people like this.
  13. zer0tails

zer0tails Active Member

Hi everybody, appreciate some sizing advice.

I wear a M in the fw15 workshirts. Should I get the same size for the ss16 pima poplin workshirt or size up?

Would this same sizing apply to the band collar chambray shirt?

Thanks

14. zunker

zunker Active Member

I have both and have found the SS version to be more fitted but not enough to size up.

15. Xman11815

Xman11815 Well-Known Member

Any suggestions on workwear type brands that pair well with EG?

16. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

That time of year is upon us again here at Drinkwater's, as we will officially be kicking off our sale next Saturday, 7/23. For the more impatient EG enthusiasts, we're opening up the 30% discount effective immediately. We've put the usual imgur album together below:

EG SS16+ Drinkwater's Sale

Underneath each image you can find the available sizes as well as the original pricing followed by the discounted price. This album is 100% up to date and reflects our entire Spring/Summer inventory, including previous seasons. If you don't see your size listed, unfortunately that size is SOLD OUT, so please be sure to check what's left - I will do my best to keep this up to date as sizes sell out.

Gary aka @Drinkwaters is away on business until Monday, 7/18, so until that time please direct all inquiries to me via PM, e-mail at sreyes@drinkwaterscambridge.com, or for immediate assistance please give us a call at (617) 547-2067. Sale time can get hectic for us, so calling if possible is strongly recommended, but otherwise we will try to get back to you electronically as quickly as we can.

Sales are FINAL and shipping is NOT included.

We'll be working on this very soon!

Thanks as always, everyone. We look forward to assisting you.

1 person likes this.
  17. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

murgh every season that the XS Penn Shirt Jacket is in that photo album I get excited before I see that it's XS :/

18. Sieglinde

Sieglinde Senior member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  19. tobiasfunke

Are the metal cinch claws a cause for concern when washing cinch pants? I'm mostly concerned about them snagging or damaging the fabric in the washing machine.

I also have a pair in tropical wool that are dry clean only—are there any special instructions I would need to give the dry cleaners regarding the cinch buckle (since tropical wool is fairly thin)?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  20. acantellano

acantellano Member

I recently purchased two explorer shirt/jackets and notice that one of the jackets had two slightly loose button snaps. The jacket with the loose button snaps has become difficult for me to unbutton the jacket in a few recent wears, just last night as i was removing the jacket the snap ripped off from the jacket. So now the jacket has a small hole but can be repaired. My question is do i contact Nepenthes or the site i purchased the jacket from to hopefully get some help with repair. Also I'm willing to pay for the repair and hopefully fix the other snap before i get the same result again.