• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 16

Cole87

Reaction score
I just wish the sleeve was an inch or so longer but I can live with it.
Hah, I thought the exact same thing when I got my large BDU. It doesn't bother me too much because I just roll the sleeves anyway, but I do think the sleeves are a little short.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
On the topic of footwear that goes well with EG, I just received my Italian Military Deadstock Deck Shoes from Nepenthes. They're featured in several of the fits in the SS16 lookbook.

They fit TTS. I'm a 10D Brannock and wear a 10 in Vans Authentic, so I went with a 43 in these and they fit perfectly.

The laces are a little short, so I leave the top eyelet unlaced (which they appear to have done in the lookbook as well).

Last edited:

Fooleo

Reaction score
^ How much did they run you, if you don't mind me asking? I have been contemplating purchasing a pair, however have also seen them available on many european surplus websites, for what I assume may be much cheaper, but am considering just biting bullet to get a guaranteed, reliable, dead stock pair, even if likely at a slight mark-up.

In addition to everything previously mentioned regarding footwear, I believe someone also noted a little while ago here, or in another EG thread, Aurora footwear works well with EG / Nepenthes brand, and am close to copping a pair for myself for the upcoming warmer months.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
^ How much did they run you, if you don't mind me asking? I have been contemplating purchasing a pair, however have also seen them available on many european surplus websites, for what I assume may be much cheaper, but am considering just biting bullet to get a guaranteed, reliable, dead stock pair, even if likely at a slight mark-up.

$56

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get those deck shoes for $20 on eBay if you're a size 43 or 44.

Do the Vans usually sell out first day? Going to try my luck with a phone order the following Monday.

Last edited:

kape

Reaction score
Need Moon Rock slip ons, any NY proxy please hit me up! Thanks

Last edited:

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed on the nurse look but to each their own.

Viberg derbies look lovely with EG especially in the various roughout versions.

I'm looking at Viberg and Yuketen for a pair of Derbys. I think I'd like a all black shoe.

I agree about Visvim going well with EG. I feel like the boots all fit very nicely into the EG aesthetic and so do the skagways.

I can't warrant spending 500-600$ on a pair of canvas sneakers that are almost identical to converse. If I were to buy a Visvim shoe it would be an fbt.

I honestly don't know what colors of footwear I need...

Beedub

Reaction score
Going to sound like an echo here but is anyone willing/ able to help with a proxy on the Vans? I'm based in the UK.

atlr

Reaction score
errhm.. yes, me too. Based in Sweden would love to proxy a pair. Missed out on the last couple releases - would love to get the SK8 hi.
PM me if you are willing to help. Thanks

Going to sound like an echo here but is anyone willing/ able to help with a proxy on the Vans? I'm based in the UK.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the sizing of the mismatched flip flops? Also, does anyone know who manufacturers these (if it's not EG themselves)? They're listed as Made in USA.

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picked up my olive ripstop bedford from Drinkwaters yesterday. fit seems just a tad looser than last ss (comparing to cotton twill navy bedford). overall really happy with it. fabric is a bit thicker than i was expecting, which i'm happy with. olive color is slightly duller than my reversed sateen workaday jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads