1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Engineered Garments SS 16

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jan 3, 2016.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Stylish Dinosaur

i am lucky enough to get to go to nepenthes but i feel you, the sizing is wildly inconsistent. the long bush shirts fit like tents last season and the spring xxl jackets barely fit me at all.

2. Nanob

Nanob Member

Fair enough :)

I'm still to be sold on this baggy merchandise though.

3. nickp

nickp Well-Known Member

Is everything that's not skin tight now considered "baggy" thanks to this SLP trend? EG definitely used to produce looser clothes but most of what they produce now has a pretty regular fit, if not slim (Andover jacket, Cinch pant, etc...)

I'm thankful EG are one of the few brands who can make a slim fit pant with a decent rise.

4. Nanob

Nanob Member

See now we're getting somewhere. I simply did a google images search. I'm naive about this and just trying to understand. As I get older I tend to like fitted but not tight garments, though I'm still in good shape. Very much dislike drop-crotch pants and bulky oversized garments generally though. But a big sweater can look good.

I have no idea what SLP means.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016

5. SirMeowly

SirMeowly Senior Member

I'm late to this conversation, but man, I love the newer cut of the cinch pants. Have 4 pairs and I wear them so much. They just work with everything. Of course, I also definitely have the slimmer build. been wearing the black wool/cashmere ones from this FW a solid 2-3 times per week since October.

6. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior Member

Think I'll just look at other brands. Really like the aesthetics of EG though, thanks for the feedback

7. thekunk07

nah you can get away with the sleeves the shirt sleeves are plenty long the blazers aren't like ridiculously short just don't expect them sleeves to fall to your wrist

8. pe3brain

pe3brain Senior Member

@Nanob I've been into eg for 2 seasons now and I got into it cuz the prints and fabrics are phenomenal most seasons and I love all the casual blazers especially the ones that button up the lapels like the Bedford and Brookline. When I see the look book the outfits as a whole are too out there for me, but take one jacket here one loud printed short there and some NBs or vans and it looks great

9. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior Member

Don't suppose any kind soul has a SS16 inventory that they could easily copy and paste up please?

I'm particularly interested in fatigue short and camp/popover shirt options.

Thanks.

10. ramdomthought

ramdomthought Senior Member

I wear EG to look like a 19th century miner so I can get 19th century girls.

11. Biggskip

Biggskip Distinguished Member

I'm 6'4" as well and I have two Bedfords and an Andover in XXL and the sleves on all three of them are long enough. I wear a 37" sleve on my dress shirts. I am broad enough, however, to warrant wearing size XXL, something I know many others who wear EG are not.

12. thekunk07

all my clothing are a disaster, i am 6'2 but 39.5" sleeves and a 48 chest, 26 across the shoulders, 32 at the waist and 33 at the thighs. non of my clothes fit

13. Cole87

Cole87 Senior Member

Do you have any willy post pants? I'm thinking of getting some to see how it looks with bigger thighs. I know they're designed more to flare out in the top block, but I'm thinking it might just look well-fitted with big thighs. What do you think?

14. thekunk07

Could work I don't have any I stick to jeans and bdus

15. Cole87

Cole87 Senior Member

Gotcha. Same. I'll give it a try and see how it goes