• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW08

botfc

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...but I should've specificied I meant EG's classic shirts beside that one on Hejfina. I haven't even seen that one anywhere else really either

Originally Posted by wiru
^^

at hejfina. context and jake have the woolrich version also.

Ry'on

Reaction score
I just looked through a decent chunk of the fall line at J+O and was quite impressed. The knits and coats were awesome, good fit, and not too bad on price for a coat you can wear a lot and stay warm. The button ups looked great but fit a bit wide on the bottom, plus they have that damn high **** on the sides like R&B and BoO which never seems to work for me. Some awesome wool pants and coats though. Theres a good chance I'll pick up a piece or two throughout the winter. www.hyrcollective.com

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by botfc
I am a large in the bedford but I am really looking to wear as a light jacket, so I was thinking large would be good since they made it bigger...what do you think?

I would say size down one on the shirt jacket. That is my experience.

Berlin Atze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imightbechad
Does anyone know the name of this EG coat? It's from the Nepenthes home page:

2882992818_ff99f08d51.jpg

Have the Chesterfields shipped yet? I can't find any pictures in the known online shops, not even in Japan. This season there will be a navy one (the picture), and a gray wool one? Any other colours / materials?

I am eyeing one this year as I was a bit underwhelmed by the Field Parka but it looks like it could be troublesome to find with all those other new coats this year.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Berlin Atze
Have the Chesterfields shipped yet? I can't find any pictures in the known online shops, not even in Japan.
Yes, some stores have already received them. They are unlined.

atomicranch

Reaction score
So, I got the brown wool field parka from Drinkwater's today. It's my sixth piece of EG outerwear and, along with the navy S/S field jacket, I'd have to say it's my favorite. The details are spot-on, the fit is nice and non-boxy, and the wool has a great texture. As others have mentioned, it's unlined, but it should be more than warm enough for DC winters. Pricey, but worth it.

And, as always, great service from Gary!

Looks like I'm going to exchange it for a smaller size, but I'll post some pics once I get the new one in a couple of days.

API

Reaction score
Originally Posted by atomicranch
So, I got the brown wool field parka from Drinkwater's today. It's my sixth piece of EG outerwear and, along with the navy S/S field jacket, I'd have to say it's my favorite. The details are spot-on, the fit is nice and non-boxy, and the wool has a great texture. As others have mentioned, it's unlined, but it should be more than warm enough for DC winters. Pricey, but worth it.

And, as always, great service from Gary!

Looks like I'm going to exchange it for a smaller size, but I'll post some pics once I get the new one in a couple of days.

what size did you get adn what your measurements. i'd like to see a size comparison before i buy

atomicranch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by API
what size did you get adn what your measurements. i'd like to see a size comparison before i buy

I got a large and I'll probably exchange it for a medium. I'm 5'11" 185 lbs with a 41" chest. For reference, most EG shirts I own are medium. Some of my EG outerwear is L (S/S Field Jacket, Pathfinder) other is M (S/S Bedford, herringbone Engineer). The L was too big on me, but only a bit.

Oi Polloi has measurements here:
http://www.oipolloi.com/store/Engine...rown-3725.html

I didn't measure, but when I asked Gary to, he measured 22.5" pit-to-pit for the L and 21.5" for the medium, so .5" less than Oi Polloi's measurements.

DocGnar

Reaction score
Anyone got a lead on a medium navy Ground Jacket in the City? Not at Den or Odin. I don't think SA got it. Appreciate any tips.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocGnar
Anyone got a lead on a medium navy Ground Jacket in the City? Not at Den or Odin. I don't think SA got it. Appreciate any tips.
Only other stockists in the city would be Barney's and Bloomingdales. Give them a call. Hollander & Lexar and Stuart & Wright stocked EG last season, but haven't seen them on the stockists lists that Angelo's been providing for this season, so they might not carry the line anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads