• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW08

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Were the recycled cotton sweaters going to be re-released this year? Barney's made up an order for them last year.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Were the recycled cotton sweaters going to be re-released this year? Barney's made up an order for them last year.
Haven't heard anything and if Barney's were to re-order, I'm guessing they should've hit the shops by now. For last year's order, Angelo was reluctant to redo the recycled sweaters from the year before that, so I'm sure he would not have been more than happy to do them again this year.

JOA

Reaction score
Came home yesterday to find UPS had brought me Christmas in September. Waiting for me were my first three EG items:

19th C. BD in White Oxford (Bloomingdales SOHO)
19th C. BD in Blue Chambray (Hejfina)
LVC x EG '47 501s (Levis.com)

I now understand the hype behind this label and I'll be purchasing more in the coming years. Top notch quality, fabric and details in every piece.

JO3B

Reaction score
not a chance you're the same JOA on watch forums are you??

bathtime

Reaction score
Den had the Quick Release belts in brown, black, and white. I wear around a 33" waist in jeans and Size 36 belt was best fit. The fit didn't quite work for me as one belt hole was too tight and the adjacent too loose. Width was about 1 1/8". I'd be interested to see the belt in a 1.5" width. EG x Levis 1947 501s. I sat in warm water in the bathtub for 90 minutes today wearing the shrink to fit 501s. After letting them hang dry until damp, I wore them out while walking around. Quite pleased with the jeans and the fit, nice creasing from wearing while damp. Denim post soak has a slightly rough/hairy texture. The dark stitching on the arcs/pockets/crotch gives a stealthy look - like fitted denim work pants. See model on left: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dXG5qWwAqr...h/Models+1.JPG Anyone know whether there are identical Levis/LVC models out there (aside from the dark stitching and EG interior branding)? [Edit: I guess these would be the equivalent model: http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/...p?ITEM_ID=623# ]

JOA

Reaction score
Good info, Bathtime. Thank you.

What's the pricing on the QR Belt @ Den? Earlier this week, I contacted a company in England that makes QR Belts in 4 different colors of leather for around $150 US. Wasn't sure how that compared, price wise, to the EG model.

Also, it seems we're the same size in jeans, so I'm curious as to the size you purchased in the EGxLVC 501s and what the post-soak measurements are now? I bought a 36x36, hoping they'd get to a 34x32-33 area.

bathtime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JOA
Good info, Bathtime. Thank you.

What's the pricing on the QR Belt @ Den? Earlier this week, I contacted a company in England that makes QR Belts in 4 different colors of leather for around $150 US. Wasn't sure how that compared, price wise, to the EG model.

Also, it seems we're the same size in jeans, so I'm curious as to the size you purchased in the EGxLVC 501s and what the post-soak measurements are now? I bought a 36x36, hoping they'd get to a 34x32-33 area.

QR belt was $169. They said they had more backup stock (sizes) than was on display. If you could mention or PM me your UK info on QR belts that would be great - had been trying to find a UK supplier.

Measurements on my 34x36 pair post-soak and wearing while walking a few hours are currently 33x34. I wore them in the tub to prevent too tight a waist. The rule of thumb mentioned on Denimbar and Aeroleather appears to be 2" shrinkage in waist and 3" shrinkage in length. I got the 34x36 to achieve 32x33 and that seems to have worked out. Another soak would prob take off an inch each way.

The waist will stretch out some from the pressure while wearing. For the inseam wearing while damp created creases making them stack naturally. Hem is about 8.5".

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Where can I get this hat? Japan only? Or, is that not EG?

Originally Posted by timpoblete
show094.jpg
show044.jpg

EG Field Vest

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This hat is made by Wiggens, a Swedish hat manufacturer that we do business with. We do a huge business with their Wool, Wool/ Cashmere and Cashmere Baseball Caps w/ pull down ear flaps. I'll post some pics when they arrive next week. Also sweater by Tullock of Scotland ( Shetland) Sport Shirt by Turrau of Spain ( Flannel ) Trousers by Hertling ( Brushed Cotton ).
Originally Posted by WatchGuy
Where can I get this hat? Japan only? Or, is that not EG?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gary,

When are you going to get the website going? I'm interested in everything else you carry in addition to EG.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We are very close. New layout from our present landing page. Navigation complete. Page text still being refined but almost there. Just need to shoot the store and product which is crawling in slowly, so that has been one of the factors that it isn't up yet. We will have a photo gallery which I will have the ability to change from time to time and I would like to have a Blog but I need an employee first. That would be key!

Originally Posted by adamha21
Gary,

When are you going to get the website going? I'm interested in everything else you carry in addition to EG.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool that you seel WigÃ
00a9.png
ns Gary! Love the comapany, great quality and nice styles.
I got a wool newsboy hat, aswell as a wool/cashmere bucket -walking hat style..
The hat in the pic looks great, fits the look perfectly.

JO3B

Reaction score
dhg5x.jpg
surprised no one else picked one of these up. purchased yesterday at den. i plan on going back mid week before they close up shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads