• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 11

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so jealous of everyone with bed fords! Definitely the next piece on my kop list.

Gmas

Reaction score
Looking for this piece from this season in a Large. Will pay good money.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Have you checked out Nepenthes (if you're in NYC)?

the_state

Reaction score
Bloomingdales has the canvas bedford in grey (interesting variation). No sure how many canvas jackets i need, but i just know it's gonna go on some heavy discount come thanksgiving/xmas and I won't be able to resist.

Gmas

Reaction score

^ Have you checked out Nepenthes (if you're in NYC)?

Nepenthes said they only have a Medium left, as does Inventory in Vancouver.

I think I've actually been able to find every size BUT Large online somewhere :(

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working in midtown for the day, always dangerous to be in such close proximity to nepenthes....:satisfied:

jaspar

Reaction score

Nepenthes said they only have a Medium left, as does Inventory in Vancouver.
I think I've actually been able to find every size BUT Large online somewhere :(

I believe Barney's carried these. Trying calling a flagship that stocks EG and see (LA or Madison Ave.). I could be wrong though.

Travs

Reaction score
Not much talk about the field parka so I though I'd post my thoughts/review here.

I recently picked up the field parka in black from Inventory and the first thing I noticed was how thick/heavy the parka felt when I tried it on. The interior is wool-lined and the parka feels warm enough to wear through winter over a thermal or light sweater (it doesn't really get below 0 where I live). I love the attention of detail on this parka. The side-entry pockets, chin-guard and interior wrist are all lined with soft courdouroy. There are a total of 9 (yes, 9) pockets on this jacket (7 exterior, 2 interior not including side-entry hand-warmer pockets). The pocket located on the back is actually surprisingly large and extends all the way from the middle drawstring enclosure up to the point where the hood is attached, perfect for storing things like scarves. Another minor detail I like is the fact that the sleeve, while sufficiently roomy in the bicep area, tapers slightly from the elbow to the wrist for a nice small opening. The only thing I'm not sure about is how waterproof this parka is (shell is listed as a polyester/cotton blend). I guess time will tell as I plan on making this parka my go-to jacket for this winter.

Phew, sorry for the wall of text, just really happy with my first EG piece. Crappy iphone fit pics in the spoiler below, for reference I'm 5'10 175 lbs and got medium.

interior wool body lining and patterned (paisley I think?) sleeve lining

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still love my khaki field parka. Wear it 4 or 5 times a week. awesome piece. I can't wait to get a bedford to layer underneath it.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the green field parka from this season and it is pretty great. Love the wool lining with corduroy trim and so far it has kept me warm enough down to the mid-20's we had one morning (and that was just over a shirt, no sweater). I love almost everything about it, only thing that puzzles me is the button and snap closures on the flap pockets....seems needlessly redundant and makes them more difficult to actually use. Oh well, still love the jacket and it will be my go to this winter on all but the coldest of days I believe.

My guess is it's not really very water resistant, I probably wouldn't choose it for a hard rain but I think it'll be fine for the snow since most of that just falls off anyway.

malcolm4819

Reaction score
Hey, thinking about selling my F/W11 fair isle tie. if anyone wants to buy it. I'm selling for cheaper than what you would get retail plus it hasn't been worn out. 150 shipped, PM me.

S-NMBR

Reaction score
Finally approached Nephentes shop two days ago.

The staff was friendly and really help me ro try rhe right stuff for me, and I have purchase a Cruiser Jacket in Loden, a Landsdown jacket in herringbone wool and a Workaday oxford red striped shirt .
Because the stock was so poor I ended up to buy a Coleman jacket in duck color at Barneys (I find a very good selection of EG) and a Bedford Jacket in blue/black raw drill from Steven Allan shop.

As usual I experienced the size will be very strange.
While for the Landsdown and the Bedford I must go for the XL (but sleeves seems too long) the Loden Cruiser Jacket is perfect in L (!) and the shirt too.
The same for the Coleman. L is fit me perfectly.

No chanche to wear trouser from EG: too much high waist, and a 34 size (I have measured, is like a 32) 36 is like a 34 and the waist fit is no easy if you are not flat like a table!

Also it was impossible to find knit ties... Or the Hoody bib...Nobody seems to stock them, even Odin shop, or the corner of Bergdorf Goodman in SoHO...

Even FWK form my girlfriend was almost impossible to find in XS size... By the way, apart the not to wide selection in Nephentes, nobody seems to stock FWK in NYC...

I stay in NYC two day more... If you have some advice for me
smile.gif
Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads