1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 11

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 17, 2011.

1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

[​IMG]

I think this guy wears the more eccentric EG stuff pretty well. This was shot at Pitti - does anyone recognize him or know if he works for EG or Nepenthes?

1 person likes this.
  2. nomad

nomad Senior member

Think I've seen him in some pics from either nepenthes osaka or tokyo.

3. Danzig

Danzig New Member

Hi!

Wonder if anyone has any opinion on the Bedford jacket in bull denim?
    Havent heard much about it really..

4. S-NMBR

S-NMBR Senior member

Hi, I got the charcoal bull denim jacket, exactly the one you will see in the fig. 13

http://www.engineeredgarments.com/fw11_collection.html

I've bought at Steven Alan end of november while I was in NY.

The jacket is well made, the fabric is rigid and authentic. I love because the "weave" is little bit raw, very rugged.
    Fit, as usual with EG, must by try.

I have also the corduroy Bedford, and even if both are XL size, the sleeve on the Bull Denim one are about 1,5 inch more longer than the corduroy one, and the chest is little bit slimmer than the corduroy one.

Both are wearable, and fit me well, and I assure you that is not so easy to fit me.... But consider that I like those kind of "irregular" fit that si typical of EG.

What I really like is that, even if I don't appreciate too much the shades of black, cause this color is too much "fashion" for me, this shade of charcoal color combined with Bedford style remind me a kind of artisan/craftsman look that I really like.

My favorite combination is with a chambray miner shirt, and the upland vest in reverse sateen military green.

Hope this help!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  5. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Nice that there's a bunch of patterns there, but wish he mixed it up with stuff from other years, instead of all FW11. Looks a lot like this with the polka dot pants:

[​IMG]

6. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

I also got it, but returned it as it was a bit oversized and not the way I envisioned it. It's a great piece though!

7. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

^ its my favorite from this season.. one of the few jackets that fits me perfect

8. Danzig

Danzig New Member

OK tanks for the info everyone!

About the fit, what size would you recommend?

Im 5.8 feet and weigh 165 Ibs.

Compared to the other jackets which some of them is in wool etc.

This cant be as warm, since this one is in denim could you say its as warm as

a normal jeans jacket?

9. S-NMBR

S-NMBR Senior member

About the size, really, it depends... I'm 1,80 cm. ad 91 kg. so I wear XL because I'm a fan of easy, comfortable and little bit loose fit.... and I find well with this size, but as I have tell few times, the EG jacket have different fitting when the fabrics is changing... the same Bedford I have also in corduroy and it fit a bit different from the bull denim fabric, in the Bull denim Bedford I must turn up the sleeves about 5 cm. in the Bedford I like the sleeve lenght.

Few quick pic:

[​IMG]

The corduroy

[​IMG]

I really think that is impossible to decide the perfect size without try, or if you have not try almost one time the same style.

Concerning the fabrics, I wear normally the Bull denim jacket with a vest (wool or sateen) and a shirt... I never feel cold.
    Is a heavy weight fabric and give a good feeling on the body... I wonder this jacket will be good also in spring... to use light a substitution of a coat, since there is enough pocket to store everything you need.

Hope this help!

10. ninja07

ninja07 Senior member

agree with timpoblete on the mixing of different pieces.

just my opinion, but I'm just not a fan of anything velvet or polka dotted this season.

Speaking of the collection, in Fig 9. I just realised the model is wearing Bean boots or something alike...any thoughts on that for footwear? complementary to the EG look?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  11. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

^ Those look like LL Bean Boots. You could try LL Bean or Quoddy for a similar look.

Btw - I love the fit up there. That velvet floral Baker (?) jacket is awesome in person.

12. slide13

slide13 Senior member

ordered a pair of navy cotton twill desert pants from Tres Bien shop last night. Never had desert pants pants before but always wanted a pair, and have been searching for the right pair of navy chinos for a while now. Excited for them to show up next week.

13. astris

astris Senior member

Can you post thigh measurements when you get them? Never owned any EG pants since I'm not into the huge fit of past seasons. This season looked like a slimmer profile. Thigh measurements I've seen look impossibly slim though, to the extent I wouldn't even be able to get them on.

14. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Yeah, I will post once I get them. I hope they fit, I have other EG pants in the same size that all fit well, none are very slim though. We'll see how the desert pants are on Wed.

15. astris

astris Senior member

Found some measurements and the thigh looks pretty normal, but the 9.5" hem would swallow my whole shoe.

It's the Cambridge pant that has the narrow thigh at a tiny 11.75" for a 34".

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

The measurements on a pair of wool desert pants 34 (pretty heavyweight, I have it in b&s) are:

Measurements (BiG, in inches approximate)
    Waist: 34
    Front rise: 12
    Thigh: 12
    Leg Opening 8.5
    Inseam:33

17. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

Just picked up the polka robe and cinch pants from boutique u and i, been 0 for 2 on my most recent purchases so here's to hoping this works out. Not a bad selection on that site, you guys should check it out along with all the other eg stockist, deep sale.

18. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

He was there repping EG--may work for Nepenthes, though, not sure.

19. prurient

prurient Senior member

I got an email from gravitypope saying that they're gonna take an extra 20% at checkout on sale item. They have a nice selection of EGfw11 stuff, including a pretty rare floral 19th Century which I've been wanting for a long time (they don't have my size thou'). http://www.gravitypope.com/clothing/mens/engineered-garments

20. stevent

stevent Senior member

Denim at park and bond for cheap

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012