• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Employed in Hell: Rants of a Retail Worker

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

**** people who like to touch, unfold, move, misplace, throw, drop, etc. everything they see and never put anything back as they found it... Many times it takes more effort to place these things how/where they do, then it would to just put back in its original place.

Tough ****. Get a real job.

trafficjam

Reaction score
Oh, wow, that's what I've been doing wrong. Here I am, working retail thinking I'm King **** when really I should have been trying to get a real job! You've really changed my mind about things, I'll start working on my resume RIGHT NOW!

(PS **** you)

tc6

Reaction score
I"m a part time manager at a high end shoe store.......the people aren't too bad, I'd say for every rude and annoying customer there's about 3 courteous ones. I worked at the outlet one day and the experience was quite different, people were animals. I do have to say that sales bring out the worst of people.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tough ****. Get a real job.

+eleventyleven.

Complaining because customers won't do your job for you, ****! Just fold the shirt you lazy ****. Try working in the laundry of a large psychiatric hospital, you'll think twice before whining that your customers made you fold something.

Smile and say hello sure, but I don't need your ***** ass following me about the store 'helping', if I need help I'll ask, otherwise leave me the **** alone.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I once got 10% off my order for saying "thank you for helping me", chick said it was the first thank you she had heard in a week

As far as restaurants, I just don't **** around with people who have complete access to my food

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I once got 10% off my order for saying "thank you for helping me", chick said it was the first thank you she had heard in a week

As far as restaurants, I just don't **** around with people who have complete access to my food

You're a very wise man..

People who are difficult in restaurants do want to know what is happening to their plates in the back kitchen...

I always say thank you to people..

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A job where you make sarcastic comments to your clients/guests/customers because they don't behave as you expect them to doesn't sound like a "real" job.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever you criticize your customers for being stupid just remember that you're working retail. Those customers probably think the same thing about haughty retail workers.

Might be a good idea to get a new job if you hate it so much

Last edited:

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whenever you criticize your customers for being stupid just remember that you're working retail. Those customers probably think the same thing about haughty retail workers.

Might be a good idea to get a new job if you hate it so much

+1.

I was in a YSL store a couple months ago and the SA was a total ***** until I bought something...After that she turned into the sweetest thang you ever did see. The change in attitude was disgusting.

Last edited:

Unregistered

Reaction score
That's why I love my part time job fitting high-level athletes. Not many idiots. I smile, nod at them when they come in and they'll get me when they need me.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1.

I was in a YSL store a couple months ago and the SA was a total ***** until I bought something...After that she turned into the sweatest thang you ever did see. The change in attitude was disgusting.

Happens all the time. I admit I can be a bit standoffish when I go into a store but that's generally because I like to get my footing before I actually seek out help. I do try to give my sales to people who deserve the credit for them. Certainly not the idiots who act as if they're doing me a favor by doing the job they're being paid for

Last edited:

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's why I love my part time job fitting high-level athletes. Not many idiots. I smile, nod at them when they come in and they'll get me when they need me.

I can't think of too many retails stores in Edmonton that cater to high end athletes. Pro Skate?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads