• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Also, found these pics of the gorgeous Vanson collab via AK Rikk's:

22228639_10155337509429079_4721027587154432807_n.jpg

22308656_10155337509909079_6702625249685300280_n.jpg

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are these available online?

Not from AK Rikks or Martin Patrick (although you can call either store to order) but will be from Barney's, Unionmade, Marcus Malmborg, & Gentry. That said, Vanson only made 25 of these so each store has no more than a size run. 6 were purchased raw and I can't remember by who and the rest were washed and dried by me (at my home) to soften them up slightly and give them a bit of a broken in feel. Here they are drying on my back porch in the NJ summer sun:

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 11.19.50 AM.png

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ That may be your best ever, Antonio

Thank you. New York Blues is definitely my favorite collection I did for Eidos and far and away the most well executed. Quality is where it should have always been, the fits (from what I've seen and tried on) are as I intended, the textiles have never been easier to wear while remaining special and interesting and the price/value ratio is really strong for an Italian-made wholesale brand. The true test is that I'm still pining for it all, despite the fact that I've moved on.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The shoulder is better than ever. They added a very thin layer of padding in there to clean up the line.

Completely unpadded shoulders are great in theory but any slight difference in posture or slope can result in a little mess there.

I think that they improved the sleeve pitch too.

All the features that make it our own style are still there: lapel shape, lower gorge, lower buttoning...

I'm glad you guys did that, guess I'll jump on MTO next time (if it's still around...)

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Thank you. New York Blues is definitely my favorite collection I did for Eidos and far and away the most well executed. Quality is where it should have always been, the fits (from what I've seen and tried on) are as I intended, the textiles have never been easier to wear while remaining special and interesting and the price/value ratio is really strong for an Italian-made wholesale brand. The true test is that I'm still pining for it all, despite the fact that I've moved on.

I was thinking the same thing... there are so many unique and interesting pieces this season that are on my want list (funfetti sweater, paint splattered cardi-jacket, and now the indigo double rider). I'm having a harder time than ever narrowing down what I'll actually be able to buy this season - it's all so so good.

Styleternity

Reaction score
Apart from the collar differences, my Ladro is super roomy compared with the Lupos. I had to shrink it in the dryer so that I wasn't swimming in it! (I wear size M for both.) These were from the previous seasons, no idea if the current has similar sizing

@Easily Amused, would you say that the Ladro is pairable with tailored clothing? It seems like it's more of a spread collar design, unfused at that.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Easily Amused, would you say that the Ladro is pairable with tailored clothing? It seems like it's more of a spread collar design, unfused at that.

The Ladro has a "flatter" collar spread compared with the Lupo's dramatic "arching" design. The Ladro would not gain the same attention as a Lupo by itself or under tailored clothing, in my opinion. I'll let you judge though, here are a few shots of a navy Ladro under an Eidos sport jacket, and a navy Lupo under the same. I did flare out the Ladro a little bit, but otherwise the collar sits flat under the jacket.

Ladro_Eido Houndstooth front.JPG

Lupo_Eidos Houndstooth front.jpg

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello, are any retailers getting the ulster overcoats like the ones from past seasons?

No - NMWA was the only retailer that ordered it and it was cancelled because the pattern had been misplaced. My guess is that silhouette is not coming back.

The Ladro has a "flatter" collar spread compared with the Lupo's dramatic "arching" design. The Ladro would not gain the same attention as a Lupo by itself or under tailored clothing, in my opinion. I'll let you judge though, here are a few shots of a navy Ladro under an Eidos sport jacket, and a navy Lupo under the same. I did flare out the Ladro a little bit, but otherwise the collar sits flat under the jacket.

View attachment 855674

View attachment 855675

The Ladro polo was placed in the collection for some of the more traditional stores that thought the lupo was too aggressive for their customers but still wanted to be able to offer a polo that could be merchandised with tailoring. It has a fairly classic, semi-spread collar, almost like a Turnbull and Asser shirt. We presented it to tailoring-centric stores as a part of a "tailored sportswear" package, alongside 5 pocket chinos, half zip sweaters, the Shay car coat, etc. Basically our interpretation of the kinds of casual staples you find from every Italian tailoring brand.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No - NMWA was the only retailer that ordered it and it was cancelled because the pattern had been misplaced. My guess is that silhouette is not coming back.

I love Italian tailoring, Eidos, NMWA with all my heart, but the above is the most Italian of manufacturing stories I've ever read.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x-posting for the Eidos fans in the tri-state area. There will be a number of Eidos pieces not yet available online.

Couple more days before our fall preview event. Come by to say hi, try on the pieces you've had your eyes on, have a drink with us to celebrate our 4th anniversary.

Oh.. and we'll have a special promotion code so you can also get a sweet deal :)

B9942F46-AD5C-4993-9695-468026D5B03B.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads