• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Greg, can you clarify what exactly is happening with Eidos tailoring? With Antonio leaving, does that mean no more tailored pieces?
I don't know, actually. Since it's Isaia, I'm assuming there will be tailoring under then new creative director, but we don't know what it will look like. I guess we'll know more as we get closer to FW18 buying season in January

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Greg, can you clarify what exactly is happening with Eidos tailoring? With Antonio leaving, does that mean no more tailored pieces?

My understanding is that it will largely be the other way around, with a push back to tailoring (albeit with the addition of new silhouettes) and a larger focus on luxury overall.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My guess would be NMWA cut isn't exactly mainstream? Though purely guess on my part...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can see a bigger push in something similar to Treno for example.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there any reason why Eidos post-you couldn't keep the NMWA silhouette (for example)?

My understanding is that they will be keeping things that work, so NMWA and Balthazar will potentially still be offered, but I believe they are starting from scratch for the rest of them. The new CD's aesthetic is substantially different than mine so my guess is that the fabric offering will change as well.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The decision to go upmarket kind of confuses me, you know, with Isaia already being the marquee brand. But I guess we will see how it pans out. Under any circumstance, it will be interesting.

vida

Reaction score
Just to be clear, @kashmir , you actually prefer the notch and collar width on that Liverano jacket and you think that it looks more modern than on that Eidos one? :confused2:

Neither looks modern...just of a certain style...distinctive.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy donegal birdseye... man, i'm going to miss Antonio's fabric selections

20171005045.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads