• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I managed to snag the size 7 from morigimilano on ebay and although I am really happy about everything I think the color on that photo is a bit misleading.
Here's a pic I took of them after unboxing them which I think is closer to reality.

With proper treatments, I think you could get them looking very similar to the other pair.

niklasnordin

Reaction score
Wow, I agree there's quite a bit of difference in colour threre. But they're still sweet as he... Wear them in good health, would love to see some photos of them worn!

Cheers,
SKM
All I have is the iPhone and I had to use the flash so the pictures turned out quite crappy, but here you go, better than nothing :)

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I managed to snag the size 7 from morigimilano on ebay and although I am really happy about everything I think the color on that photo is a bit misleading.
Here's a pic I took of them after unboxing them which I think is closer to reality.

Just out of curiosity what Edward Green color is this? What does it say on EG box?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The color is different, but I like the color in your photo better! Enjoy!

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had to return the Chelsea. The left shoe upper had what appeared to be a nail imprint. It was noticeable, and just deep enough to make me not want to keep them. This may have resulted from rough handling after leaving the factory. Who knows. Just as troubling - perhaps even more so - was that the captoe stitching on the left shoe was noticeably uneven. This certainly escaped the QC folks at EG. I guess it is further evidence of my previous contention - posted on a different thread - that, if a guy is in the game long enough, he may/will experience QC issues with almost any shoemaker.
The Wells in Dark Oak, on the 82 last, are splendid.

As fate would have it, Sky Valet had one pair left in 9/9.5D, 202 last - and on sale for $875. They shall arrive tomorrow. :nodding:

Longmorn

Reaction score
With proper treatments, I think you could get them looking very similar to the other pair.
Exactly - use some renovateur and do a bit of burnishing and a good polish and the color will come up much richer. I generally find that EG's out of the box often have a very flat appearance and it takes at least one polish to bring out the beauty latent in the leather.

Cheers,
LM

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Exactly - use some renovateur and do a bit of burnishing and a good polish and the color will come up much richer. I generally find that EG's out of the box often have a very flat appearance and it takes at least one polish to bring out the beauty latent in the leather.

Cheers,
LM

+1

Prior to their first wear, my dark oak EG Wells underwent a treatment of Saphir shoe cream in medium brown, followed by Saphir wax polish in medium brown, together with a decent bit of brushing and a soft flannel cloth. The beauty in and of the leather was much more apparent post-treatment.

A good weekend to all.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As fate would have it, Sky Valet had one pair left in 9/9.5D, 202 last - and on sale for $875. They shall arrive tomorrow. :nodding:

Right on schedule. The fit is great. The shoes are in terrific shape. And Sky Valet threw in some shoe cream and some polish as an added surprise.

I have tried on Chelseas on the 82 last and the 202, each 9/9.5 D. The fit of the 202 is better for my foot (at least for this model). I actually like how it looks slightly better too (at least for this model). However, I don't dislike the 82 and have that last too, but in a blucher.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Newmarket in Edwardian Antique. Dainite, fudge welt

Those are the boots I want... I just can't seem to find them in stock anywhere in my size. Where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking?

-LR

KenRose

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll be posting a pair of BNIB Walcot Edwardian Antique 9/9.5D's this weekend (from what I understand the D for US is the equivalent to a UK E). They have not been worn and I'll be selling them for $760 shipped within USA or Canada. No stories, just changed my mind on them. PM me if interested before I put them up on b/s.
Ken

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads