1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. no frills

no frills Senior member

Ah, that is unfortunate. My main purpose in sharing pics here on SF was to let folks know about recent purchases that I ended up getting because of what I've read in various threads; I'm very appreciative of what I learned here and very much enjoy my EGs. Because of the "Watch Appreciation Thread" I also ended up overhauling my (small) watch collection, so I post some pics there too. But yeah, I have four watches in my collection right now and I already feel like I have enough. A very personal thing, to be sure.

2. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

That sexy shine...

3. Crat

Crat Senior member

@ bespoken pa
    Saphir and patience.

4. no frills

no frills Senior member

+1 for that. Great work on that mirror polished toe. I'm not sure I could ever get that to happen.

5. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

Apologize if this has been addressed recently in this thread, but what is the best practice for factory resoles, and expected turnaround time and cost?

Is it better to send to the factory yourself, or to go through your vendor if they're willing to do so? I got some of my EG's through Leffot (and have a pair on order with them), and I hate dealing with shipping/correspondence, so I'd like to take Steven up on his offer to facilitate, unless the consensus is that that's bad form.

Thanks.

6. Crat

Crat Senior member

bespoken pa, I just made a short spit polish tutorial video should you be interested. Link in signature.

7. bant

bant Senior member

gents, if I am a 11/11.5 E in the 202 last (chelsea) and 11E in most C&Js, where would you reckon I fall on the 606 last (dover)? 11.5E or so? I've read conflicting reports around sizing as some indicate 606 is identical to 202 in terms of fit and others note a slightly smaller fit. thanks.

8. archetypal_yuppie

No one resoles?

9. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

Ha - Give some time for us to answer. I am going to need a resole soon and I actually talked with Steven at Leffot about this a few months ago. He was more than willing to help out and facilitate the communication and sending the shoes to EG when the time comes. I don't think that was only due to the fact that I have purchased 10-12 pairs from him - I think he would do this for anyone.

Based on pure conjecture he might do this for free (not adding anything to what EG charges) if you originally purchased the shoes through him. I would not hesitate to ask him.

10. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

You da man.

11. furo

furo Senior member

where to kop EG westminster in brown/oak on clearance?

12. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Have a gander at this thread.

13. furo

furo Senior member

Sadly I didn't see the westminster

14. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

You can email the guy who runs the sales there and he'll try to locate them for you via EG. Assuming EG has them in stock they will honor the 20% off and VAT reductions. If they don't have them in stock then they will make them for you (MTO) less the 20% and VAT.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  15. furo

furo Senior member

Not bad at all... roughly what I paid for the Brooksville EGs on sale from Ralph Lauren

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  16. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Crat thank you for imparting your wisdom.

17. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

After reading several posts about sizing i just want to check things.

I wear UK 7.5E in last 202 (oxford) and from what i can tell i would take the same size in last 82 and 64 as well (i´m about to buy a Galaway)?

For reference, i wear UK8E in G&G TG73 and DG70. UK7E in C&J last 337.

18. Crat

Crat Senior member

Correct, Frank.
    I'm the same size in the 202, 888 and 82 as long as they're the same width. Dunno about the 64 though but I'd imagine it to be the same size too.
    My EG's are also all half a size larger than my crocketts.

19. archetypal_yuppie

I got the same impression from him, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being an undue burden, and was also hoping for color on turn-around time. I'll bring it up again when my latest order arrives at Leffot.

20. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

Thanks!