• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ i like the dover in country calf - where is that shoe available?

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

First time poster, long time lurker, I have a question. On ebay I've seen the much celebrated EG Westminster in a colour I belive is called Edwardian Antique, here:

But my EG catalogue states that it comes only in the colours night shade, cloud, black and dark oak. Does anyone know if the colour above is really in production, or if it has been a limited edition sort of thing?

Cheers

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen,

First time poster, long time lurker, I have a question. On ebay I've seen the much celebrated EG Westminster in a colour I belive is called Edwardian Antique, here:
LL

But my EG catalogue states that it comes only in the colours night shade, cloud, black and dark oak. Does anyone know if the colour above is really in production, or if it has been a limited edition sort of thing?

Cheers

S K M,

I was looking at the same model. It is a legit EG Westminster shoe, probably custom made, you can order any edward green shoes with any color combination you wish. This is not uncommon. However word of warning if are planning on buying this shoe ask seller to send you a picture of the box with description of the product. I am not sure if seller understand EG sizing. The seller has indicated this is wide width shoe, usually in US size E is wide. However EG E width is medium width which translates into American D width see how confusing this gets. So the best bet is to ask seller for the picture of the box where it is written what shoe it is, color of the shoe, sizing and last information.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Gentlemen,

LL

Cheers

Nice shoe. Go for it. Welcome to SF.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just spoke to Sky Valet. They recommend calling in your order. The website's inventory is not being updated in real time, so you need to call to confirm whether a shoe is in-stock. I was told $875 (from 1075) for all models except the Anniversary Brummell which is at 1,000 (from 1,250). The Brummell comes with trees. Hetom at Sky Valet is very decent to work with. SV carries some D widths and some E widths.
Regarding Stanley Korshak, I have recently acquired 2 pairs:
Wells in Dark Oak - 787.50
Chelsea in Black - 770
Good luck!!

Had to return the Chelsea. The left shoe upper had what appeared to be a nail imprint. It was noticeable, and just deep enough to make me not want to keep them. This may have resulted from rough handling after leaving the factory. Who knows. Just as troubling - perhaps even more so - was that the captoe stitching on the left shoe was noticeably uneven. This certainly escaped the QC folks at EG. I guess it is further evidence of my previous contention - posted on a different thread - that, if a guy is in the game long enough, he may/will experience QC issues with almost any shoemaker.

The Wells in Dark Oak, on the 82 last, are splendid.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had to return the Chelsea. The left shoe upper had what appeared to be a nail imprint. It was noticeable, and just deep enough to make me not want to keep them. This may have resulted from rough handling after leaving the factory. Who knows. Just as troubling - perhaps even more so - was that the captoe stitching on the left shoe was noticeably uneven. This certainly escaped the QC folks at EG. I guess it is further evidence of my previous contention - posted on a different thread - that, if a guy is in the game long enough, he may/will experience QC issues with almost any shoemaker.
The Wells in Dark Oak, on the 82 last, are splendid.

+1

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S K M,
I was looking at the same model. It is a legit EG Westminster shoe, probably custom made, you can order any edward green shoes with any color combination you wish. This is not uncommon. However word of warning if are planning on buying this shoe ask seller to send you a picture of the box with description of the product. I am not sure if seller understand EG sizing. The seller has indicated this is wide width shoe, usually in US size E is wide. However EG E width is medium width which translates into American D width see how confusing this gets. So the best bet is to ask seller for the picture of the box where it is written what shoe it is, color of the shoe, sizing and last information.

You're right, it could be a custom order. However, I was hoping it was an old model since my size is sold out on ebay, so I was hoping to find another pair somewhere else. Of course I could go MTO but for now that's a bit out of my price range, being a passionate C&J customer. I've also considered ordering a MTO from Ed Et Al, but of course that would not give me a pair of EGs, just a pair of nice double monks (presumably).

Nice shoe. Go for it. Welcome to SF.

Thanks!

Cheers,
SKM

niklasnordin

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Cheers
I managed to snag the size 7 from morigimilano on ebay and although I am really happy about everything I think the color on that photo is a bit misleading.
Here's a pic I took of them after unboxing them which I think is closer to reality.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed to snag the size 7 from morigimilano on ebay and although I am really happy about everything I think the color on that photo is a bit misleading.
Here's a pic I took of them after unboxing them which I think is closer to reality.

Wow, I agree there's quite a bit of difference in colour threre. But they're still sweet as he... Wear them in good health, would love to see some photos of them worn!

Cheers,
SKM

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads