• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Thanks, this is extremely helpful.

ddd, I didn't get the F64 because I needed the room. Westley Richards only stocks the Rosewood Galway in F width. These are boots for men who wear manly, thick, winter socks.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ddd, I didn't get the F64 because I needed the room. Westley Richards only stocks the Rosewood Galway in F width. These are boots for men who wear manly, thick, winter socks.

Ah Ok, that's good to know.

Thanks.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the reason for my question. I finally received my Heather Gorse Galways, I took E width and they fit great. The toe box is roomy and I think these will stretch eventually but not enough for me to wear thick manly socks.
Hence I am thinking about buying another Galway but in a F width, my dilemma is whether to take the same size in F or go down a half a size. The Galway in E width long enough for me I probably would not want it any more length.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Ah Ok, that's good to know.

Thanks.

No problem!

Better start growing a pretty gnarly beard

Wish I could. My employer is stuck in the 50's when the company was founded. Men must be clean shaven everyday.

That's the reason for my question. I finally received my Heather Gorse Galways, I took E width and they fit great. The toe box is roomy and I think these will stretch eventually but not enough for me to wear thick manly socks.
Hence I am thinking about buying another Galway but in a F width, my dilemma is whether to take the same size in F or go down a half a size. The Galway in E width long enough for me I probably would not want it any more length.

I would not change the length. The length is right no matter what width you go with.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No problem!
Wish I could. My employer is stuck in the 50's when the company was founded. Men must be clean shaven everyday.
I would not change the length. The length is right no matter what width you go with.

Is this a joke?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

What the Hell Tifosi! We both in the same Company ???

Joke but i know this very well!

We may very well be...I don't know many places with that policy. Do you recognize the carpet in my office shoe selfies??? HAHA!!

luc13

Reaction score

We may very well be...I don't know many places with that policy. Do you recognize the carpet in my office shoe selfies??? HAHA!!

So We have to Talk with your Boss about your paygrade! I weint over 25 sims back but i cant finde the carpet. So The Reason for this must be that you dont have enough Edward Greens and the Reason for this must be your Boss.

BTW my carpet is Realy severe and i have to speek with my Boss to

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the reason for my question. I finally received my Heather Gorse Galways, I took E width and they fit great. The toe box is roomy and I think these will stretch eventually but not enough for me to wear thick manly socks. Hence I am thinking about buying another Galway but in a F width, my dilemma is whether to take the same size in F or go down a half a size. The Galway in E width long enough for me I probably would not want it any more length.
Be mindful about going down length with EG, I found that the difference is pretty noticeable (translation: unwearable) at least with 82 & 888.
Those Warwicks looks great :slayer:
My friend, I think it's time for more EG... although C&J will greatly miss you! I question the latter's future though if they continue to make welted "athletic" shoes.
No facial hair? Do you play for the Yankees? Are you Jeter?!? Picked up one of my long-awaited shoes. I believe this was the first pair of EGs that I really wanted... and it only took about a dozen other pairs before I eventually picked them up.
15261160612_6c4c95c244.jpg
15261160462_f60cf5e699.jpg
Thank you SkoAB! Now only waiting for the Shannons and Galways!

cezinho

Reaction score
Excellent pick

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you are planing to wear thick socks with the F last boots then go with the same size, I have the Galway in the F64 and E64 last but prefer the E fit, with the F fit last I have to wear quite thick socks ( falke tk2) otherwise my feet are swimming!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads