Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Yeah, I've ordered a few times from Jermyn St. and shipping is expensive because I believe it includes full insurance. Imagine what it was when I bought 2 Shannons (plus trees)!
    I believe we're in the same batch so I don't expect them until the end of the year/early next year. I've waited a couple of years for Alden make-ups so I can definitely be patient. Arrived yesterday and getting worn today: [​IMG]

2. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

3. luc13

luc13 Senior member

Great Pic Dr !

4. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

The Skoak website shows these a lot darker in color, especially in comparison to the Inverness on their website. @Leaves, is there a color difference between your stock Inverness and Beaulieu? I believe they are both in burgundy antique...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  5. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Thanks DpprDR. The second pair adds so little cost though. I ordered 3 pair once.

EG is on holiday from the 19-29th too. I am not sure if it's just the factory or the whole operation.

6. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Many thanks again!

JS, I believe my lighting makes them look more red. I also have the Inverness and they are still pretty close (my Inverness is a couple years old ordered from another shop though). I also slapped on some mahogany cream and polish so that may have made the Beaulieu look lighter.

Yeah, for me, ordering from Jermyn St. makes it worth it only if you have more than one pair.

I thought they are back? I received an e-mail from them that Jermyn St. is open.

7. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I don't know if it's just the factory store.

8. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

I've had this discussion with both EG and Lobb / they both refuse to use Royal Mail, which would be the most economical ( and incidentally, I have never been charged duty or fees via this method).
    UPS would not leave my last order from the UK ( 2 pair of Shoes) unless I paid COD for the Phuking clearance fees....
    I wish Malford had more Shoes , as out of 5 or six shipments from him, I have never had additional charges and he is super reasonable on shipping.

9. Flake

Flake Senior member

Jermyn st store is open was there Monday

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  10. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The above pair I think is shot with a flash, it's darker IRL.

The Burgundy color from EG, like all hand finished shoes (EG, G&G, Bonafé and some types of finish from Carmina) may vary from batch to batch although every batch run is usually very consistent. The finishing for every batch is made by different people at the factory and it's not an exact science. We've not had any complaints about this though, I think people appreciate the fact that it might actually vary slightly.

11. unipair guy

unipair guy Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some Galways in the sun.

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

It's getting to be that time again (Boot weather) here., and these are certainly one of my favorite versions.

13. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Well, it's not the 19th yet and I mentioned that I am unsure if it's just the factory shop.

14. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Not a complaint at all, I'm just trying to get an idea on what the baseline is on the burgundy antique, so that I can request it either darker than usual or normal. Thank you for the info, as always...

15. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Here are all my antique burgundy footwear. I would say the Shannons have the most "untouched" shade; my Inverness have been polished with black cream & paste while the Beaulieus were polished once before I wore them with mahogany cream & paste. There are subtle differences but the colors are still fairly close (obviously the Shannons are new and the Beauliues just had a day's worth of wear) [​IMG]