1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. krakerjac

krakerjac Member

I just bought a pair; arrived last Friday. I can confirm that they are indeed E606, Walnut Country Calf.

2. krakerjac

krakerjac Member

Get it! I have absolutely no regrets. They are the perfect wet weather shoe. And they look amazing with grey pants. In fact, ever since I got them (which to be fair has only been a week), my DOAK Dovers (same last - 606) with HAF leather soles haven't seen any action.

3. krakerjac

krakerjac Member

Don't know about developing a patina, but I use black polish on the toes of my Walnut CC Dovers, and they've developed a nice dark shine, not quite bull shine as on regular calf, but there's definitely a nice, smoother contrast against the graininess of the rest of the shoe.

4. krakerjac

krakerjac Member

I would like to know if the way to tell whether a pair of EG is bought directly from them, or from a reseller (e.g. Mr Porter) is by looking at the insole.

A pair direct from Jermyn Street has a gold rectangular box with 'Edward Green' written in gold inside the box.

A pair from a reseller just has Edward Green blind embossed onto the insole, with no colour at all. And the font is much bigger too.

Can anyone verify that this is the case?

5. thebeebs

thebeebs Distinguished Member

I've had the same experience, though unsure if it's simply a coincidence. Sftg would know for sure I bet

6. Ironist

Ironist Distinguished Member

:fistbump:

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

awesome outcome

8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

interesting question - never thought of that.

9. S K M

S K M Senior Member

Oh, too bad. I really respect EG's integrity, though at times their policies seem a bit on the restrictive side – like this stock model that have done numerous times on the 888 – so I think that kicks my idea further down the road. Unless of course it's a model Skoak would consider taking home for the store :smarmy:

Just look at how nice they are on 888 (though I would prefer single leather soles):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior Member

Hello -

For either of the following Galway makeups:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Would I need to do a MTO or is that something I could find via an online retailer? Are there ever GMTOs of Galways?

11. cezinho

cezinho Senior Member

I guess I will go also burgundy beaulieu. Inverness in not for me on 888.
    I will eventually seach for a Malvern in other colour than DOAK (which I have already 2 pairs):

12. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

Malvern in chestnut is stock color I think.

13. S K M

S K M Senior Member

In the EG catalogue I think it's Edwardian, no? I would really, really like it on the 888 and something like Edwardian, but not sure if it really justifies the MTO2 fee... So if someone sees it stocked on the 888 anywhere, please let me know :D

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014

14. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

Both of these are stock models, you should contact Skoaktiebolaget.

15. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

Your in luck as both of these are currently being offered by at least two different retailers. In fact it's not uncommon for the Dark Oak and Walnut CC to be offered by someone. However keep in mind if you choose to go with the one already in stock at Axels that it's In the D width which is rather narrow. Most people will at least go with the E width in the 82 Last.

http://axelsltd.com/collections/the-edward-green-galway-boot/products/galway-in-dark-oak

Leffot also has two pairs instock as well in the E width.

http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/edward-green/galway-dark-oak-walnut-cc.html

The second boot with the suede shaft is being sold by at least another retailer, Brooks Brothers. They are selling theirs in the E width but they have even fewer sizes available now. They're price is even higher however but both do come with shoetrees.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Edwar...var_MH00356_Color=BRWN&contentpos=5&cgid=0522

There's a decent chance you might find the Dark Oak and Walnut CC some other place as this is one not uncommon to find, or the last option would be to go thru a Edward Green retailer and order a pair as a single Made To Order which will most likely include a fee for a special order can be done also. As reference my first Galway I purchased from a retailer who just happened to have what I wanted and in my size in stock. The second Galway I had to order via an MTO from a Edward Green retailer in order to get what I wanted and in my size.

If you chose to go the single MTO route you may want to go with Skoaktiebolaget. They do not currently have either boot you are looking for in stock, however this used to be on their stocklist and you may not be charged for a single MTO. Although I am not affiliated with them I have ordered a number of shoes from them and their Edward Green prices tend to be more friendlier which may still cost less than some of the others I have mentioned.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/

contact [email protected]

Either way good luck, and you certainly couldn't go wrong with either Galway you chose.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014