• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about doak Inverness. Is that redundant if you have brown shell Budapester derbies, doak Galways, Shannon, and a brown museum calf asquith knock off?

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to get a Burgundy shoe. But I already have ae Burgundy wingtip Oxford and a Vass Oxblood shell lwb. Might go for the Beaulieu or maybe look for gaps someplace else

Last edited:

nickyboy

Reaction score
I was going to get a Burgundy shoe. But I already have ae Burgundy wingtip Oxford and a Vass Oxblood shell lwb. Might go for the Beaulieu or maybe look for gaps someplace else
then it's going to have to be olive green!

ok, maybe not. can't go wrong with dark oak or black.

Last edited:

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too late I looked, but dagnabit it's not there.
No one picked it up, or it wasn't posted anywhere today?? I was sent a lo-res photo this morning and even that looked great...love the side design. The DOAK looks pretty dark like the recent Westminster.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one picked it up, or it wasn't posted anywhere today?? I was sent a lo-res photo this morning and even that looked great...love the side design. The DOAK looks pretty dark like the recent Westminster.
Go ahead and post the one they gave you then.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to steal Skoak's thunder, but...

And great service as usual...already shipped with tracking this morning.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to steal Skoak's thunder, but...

And great service as usual...already shipped with tracking this morning.

Those are Excellent!!! Congrats!!!!

Personally I've always thought if I got a pair I would want suede and calf or different colors shaft and upper, but those look fabulous.

Last edited:

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are Excellent!!! Congrats!!!!

Personally I've always thought if I got a pair I would want suede and calf or different colors shaft and upper, but those look fabulous.
Thanks. And yes, I like the suede combos as well, but they seem a little more formal on a bal boot than what I really need. All calf and the side design seem to take it down a notch...if that's possible.

Now the suede on the Galway, I'm still after that one.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
god damnit, i went to give your boots a thumbs up but i'd already done it a min earlier :slayer:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. And yes, I like the suede combos as well, but they seem a little more formal on a bal boot than what I really need. All calf and the side design seem to take it down a notch...if that's possible.

Now the suede on the Galway, I'm still after that one.
You made a great choice.

Yes, you really should get yourself a suede and calf Galwway. So many options, and all of them look fabulous. Personally it was real easy for me. I just went with the one that matched a particular dial on one of my watches.

Oh, and Edward Greens Suede is Frigging Awesome!!!

Last edited:

krakerjac

Reaction score
Any idea what last it looks like? Looks like the 606 but MrP's sales rep has no idea what I'm asking.
I just bought a pair; arrived last Friday. I can confirm that they are indeed E606, Walnut Country Calf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads