• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Huh...really? Some time ago, I got caught in a downpour, my shoes got wet, started to make squelchy sounds with every step. Bubbles started to appear on the edges of the welt with every squishy step I took. I came home, took em off and put them down the garbage chute. They were FUCKED.

I'm not encouraging anyone to soak their shoes. Getting wet from normal walking in the rain is what I meant. But, even then, I have had high quality shoes get soaking wet and they recovered well. But they had been properly polished, conditioned before wearing in the rain and then allowed to air dry without heat once wet.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lets continue this rain discussion in the shoe care thread.

BatmanEsq

Reaction score
I must admit, my EG Berkeley's are by far the most comfortable shoes that I've worn.

Admittedly, whenever they are worn in the rain, I panic slightly, but after letting them dry (away from a fierce heat source, naturally!) I know that with a little loving polish, they will return to their former glory. Keeping the soles in good condition - by not neglecting them when I polish the uppers - will also help to keep their longevity.

I feel that any minor marks or water spots will eventually develop into a wonderful patina.

My top tip for polishing shoes: take your time, use quality products as befits Edward Green, and enjoy a nice single malt at the same time.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After all this rain discussion I thought I would inspect my Galway's, all were resting beautifully in their boxes! Thank God there is no problem here. Now when am I visiting Jermyn street again:satisfied:

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Let us know what you think and if you have any questions! We are offering free shipping at this time and we deduct 10% VAT from all listed prices. www.unipair.com

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[

Let us know what you think and if you have any questions!  We are offering free shipping at this time and we deduct 10% VAT from all listed prices.  www.unipair.com
[/quote]

Very nice collection but for me it only takes 35 minutes to get to the EG shop! Never the less you have a lovely collection.Thank you for sharing.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
[

Let us know what you think and if you have any questions! We are offering free shipping at this time and we deduct 10% VAT from all listed prices. www.unipair.com

Very nice collection but for me it only takes 35 minutes to get to the EG shop! Never the less you have a lovely collection.Thank you for sharing.[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much! We hope to share pictures, ideas, and shoe culture with styleforum members. It is not just a business but a way of life.
nod[1].gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** yeah black pants. Wore a pair for the first time in a long time several days ago and college memories flooded mah mind

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not alone with my black flannels today. Nothing else seems to look as good with my grey green jacket.

Black wholecuts to match. OT pic, since they aren't EG

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just placed my mto order, I was advised to hope for Christmas but it maybe later. Ugh

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Malvern 202 Last antique chestnut calf leather and canvas twill

Fiddler

Reaction score
^^ Very elegant...did you buy from Unipair?

I'd imagine one has to be super careful polishing these so the canvas does not get any wax on them.

GuidoTheKillerPimp

Reaction score
Not an EG in sight at RL Beverly Hills. All shoes in this display are made in Italy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads