• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dunhill (and others) at Saks Sale question?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw some pretty cool Dunhill blazers at Saks. They are apparently made by Zegna, and look really good with maroon silk linings and some cool buttons. However, they're at about $400 right now with the 30% off, and I think they're a bit pricey at that point. Do you think they will go another 50% off or are they going to ship that stuff off to SOF? They still had some nice David Chu ties at the SCP Saks, but the navy one I was interested in had a slight pull in it
frown.gif
There was also a couple brioni ties that I liked but couldn't quite justify, one was a black tie with different colors of purple polka dots and the other was black with thin purple stripes, they were both beautiful but I have no idea when I'd ever wear either of them haha

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is SCP pretty picked over? Also, at a bunch of Off 5th stores, I've seen AD suits for $600, so I'd say $400 for a blazer is a bit much. Strange that the stuff is back to 30% off, whereas it was 50% off a month ago. Oh well.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Is SCP pretty picked over? Also, at a bunch of Off 5th stores, I've seen AD suits for $600, so I'd say $400 for a blazer is a bit much. Strange that the stuff is back to 30% off, whereas it was 50% off a month ago. Oh well.

There still seems to be some decent stuff but alot of it is pretty flashy. There are some very nice PL and david chu shirts and ties.

It's 50% off, then another 30% off of that atm.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any good shoes left? I'm looking for dress shoes.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Are there any good shoes left? I'm looking for dress shoes.

Does your Off Fifth ever have any good shoes? I have never seen any.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre

I've seen the occasional pair of RLPLs but they're few and far between and usually weird sizes.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre

I got a pair of Ferragamos there for $114 last week, so they do happen. I was talking about the sale stuff at the retail store, though.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I didn't see any shoes at the Saks besides some nasty Gucci ones.

How nasty, and how were the prices?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
How nasty, and how were the prices?

Decent I suppose, most of them nasty monogram stuff, but there were a few laceups as I recall, not sure about sizing though. Retail is like $500-600 so figure 50% off is $250-300 and an additional 30% off of that, so $175-210ish for Gucci.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
I got a pair of Ferragamos there for $114 last week, so they do happen. I was talking about the sale stuff at the retail store, though.

Which Off 5th are you talking about, the one at the Block?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Which Off 5th are you talking about, the one at the Block?

No, I got the shoes at Cabazon. The one at the Block had a few pairs of shoes by decent makers, I saw some Church's boots and a couple pairs of Harrys, as well as some Cole Haan Collection pairs. Nothing super special. They had some nice stuff in suits, a Corneliani which was on clearance, but was a 42L and had pleated pants (I'm a 40 R or L, and only wear flat-fronts). They also had a bunch of Dunhill suits and shirts, and the suits were about $600. All in all, I'd say Cabazon is the best by far, followed by the block, then Ontario (pretty much sucked).

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
No, I got the shoes at Cabazon. The one at the Block had a few pairs of shoes by decent makers, I saw some Church's boots and a couple pairs of Harrys, as well as some Cole Haan Collection pairs. Nothing super special. They had some nice stuff in suits, a Corneliani which was on clearance, but was a 42L and had pleated pants (I'm a 40 R or L, and only wear flat-fronts). They also had a bunch of Dunhill suits and shirts, and the suits were about $600. All in all, I'd say Cabazon is the best by far, followed by the block, then Ontario (pretty much sucked).

The cool thing about the cabazon SOF is that you can get coupons if you register at www.premiumoutlets.com and sometimes they give them out at the store for 20% off. I bought a sick zegna leather blazer on clearance there last year that was $3000 retail for $250 or so. It was 75% off at $750, then additional 60% off to $300 and I had a 20% off coupon, paid $255 and change for a $3k jacket.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen some great-looking Dunhill pieces at Saks. The slacks, in particular, have caught my eye. The fabrics are unique in many cases and have a great hand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads