• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double reverse pleats to flat fronts

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
More than I little high. I had it done three years ago and it was much less. I forget
the exact price. I also live in a very high-price area.

Hmm. You're right, Palo Alto is a high income area! I'm applying to Stanford GSB so I know the cost of living there is
ffffuuuu.gif

Unfortunately, I live in LA and $75 is the lowest I've been quoted. But I'm going to pay it b/c it's the least expensive place and the tailors work for RL

Cheers

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When still buying RTW, I had reverse pleats removed from a Paul Stuart suit by their inhouse tailor (NY store) and forward pleats from a Polo Ralph Lauren Tuxedo by their inhouse tailor (ATL store). The results were excellent, but it cost me around $100 in each case.

Sure it is preferable to buy flat fronts right from the beginning, but sometimes you find a suit you really like which happens to come with pleated pants only. So why not invest a bit extra, to get rid of the pleats in such a case?

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
WAY too high!

not too high.
i assume you are talking about your hair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads