• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

does anyone watch law and order?

Mike

Reaction score
Farina is a former real-life Chicago cop and a genuinely stylish guy. In an interview around the time of Snatch he remarked on his affection for custom shirts.
Damn, you beat me to it. It was a short one page article in GQ a few years ago. He talked of going to a tailor and geting a suit made for him when he was like 10 and how the experience stayed with him. Also, his older brother taught him the basic rules of dressing, so I guess he comes from a stylish family.

Just as members of the Forum are terrific sales shoppers, I don't see any reason someone like Farina's character wouldn't be sales savvy.

otis

Reaction score
Agree on all of the positive remarks above on Dennis Farina's character. Great addition to the cast and I love the references.

Sam Waterston's character is interesting too for his style, while not as exciting, very individual. Consistently wearing Brooks Brothers suits and ties, always the Barbour Border jacket in the winter with a wool cap, and I always chuckle at how gets dressed at the office. When they show him coming or going he's always in a sweatshirt and jeans.

A couple of season's ago several characters were carrying Coach bags. I assumed that was a placement.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in the first episode that detective fontana (farina) appeared in, he eats lunch with his new partner and his new boss, and when they pay the check he takes out a fat wad of cash. then they show his car and it's a mercedes sl, much more $ than an slk. it's obvious that his character has a big income from something other than police work, they just haven't dipped into that story yet.

vincent d'onofrio and rene zellwegger starred in the worst movie i have ever seen. i can't recall the name of it, but i walked out after about 30 minutes. worst acting ever... i believe it was rene's first role, and when she bacame famous later on i really couldn't believe it.

Mike

Reaction score
in the first episode that detective fontana (farina) appeared in, he eats lunch with his new partner and his new boss, and when they pay the check he takes out a fat wad of cash. then they show his car and it's a mercedes sl, much more $ than an slk. it's obvious that his character has a big income from something other than police work, they just haven't dipped into that story yet.
I wouldn't be suprised if they had his character moonlight as PI.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
What night does Law & Order come air?
Which one?
biggrin.gif
The original show (with Farina) is on Wednesday night at 10 PM eastern time. Criminal Intent, Sunday at 8 PM; SVU, Tuesday at 10 PM and Trial by Jury, Friday at 9 PM (I think). On the bright side, you can watch "24" on Monday night, but there's really no hope for Thursdays (well, okay, I watch "The Apprentice").

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7,May 16 2005,21:35
What night does Law & Order come air?
Which one?
biggrin.gif
The original show (with Farina) is on Wednesday night at 10 PM eastern time. Criminal Intent, Sunday at 8 PM; SVU, Tuesday at 10 PM and Trial by Jury, Friday at 9 PM (I think). On the bright side, you can watch "24" on Monday night, but there's really no hope for Thursdays (well, okay, I watch "The Apprentice").
Catch Trial by Jury while you can. NBC has announced its being cancelled. I have to admit an attraction for Bebe Neuwirth years ago when she had that cold heat during her years on Cheers -- I always got the impression she would be (as someone said earlier) hellfire in bed -- but I find her character too shrill on L&O:TbJ. Doh. Looks like von Rothbart beat me to the TbJ news.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to admit an attraction for Bebe Neuwirth ....
did you catch her performance in 'Summer of Sam'? (I think that was the one.) fairly sizzling.

demo5

Reaction score
Getting back to sartorial matters, does anyone know where the actors (or, more correctly, I guess, the production company) get their clothes? Unlike many StyleForumers (and AskAndyers), I dislike spread collars (particularly wide ones), and really like McCoy's shirts--those with the quite narrow, long point collars. Any ideas about the shirtmaker?
I can't say where the actors get their clothes, but I often see them being re-sold on ebay. There are a lot of auctions for clothing worn once on the set of L&O. In particular, I remeber seeing Brioni ties and Canali suits.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Non-sartorial question:  When did Jesse Martin get replaced by the "Sopranos" refugee?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Supplying clothes for TV shows is big business.
There are people who's full time job is to shop for clothes for these shows.

I have made shirts for a number of shows. I made shirts for a couple of characters on L & O SVU. Belzer (lots of Black) and Chris Malony.

Carl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads