1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

does anyone watch law and order?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by discostu004, May 13, 2005.

1. Mike

Mike Senior member

Damn, you beat me to it. It was a short one page article in GQ a few years ago. He talked of going to a tailor and geting a suit made for him when he was like 10 and how the experience stayed with him. Also, his older brother taught him the basic rules of dressing, so I guess he comes from a stylish family.

Just as members of the Forum are terrific sales shoppers, I don't see any reason someone like Farina's character wouldn't be sales savvy.

2. otis

otis Well-Known Member

Agree on all of the positive remarks above on Dennis Farina's character. Great addition to the cast and I love the references.

Sam Waterston's character is interesting too for his style, while not as exciting, very individual. Consistently wearing Brooks Brothers suits and ties, always the Barbour Border jacket in the winter with a wool cap, and I always chuckle at how gets dressed at the office. When they show him coming or going he's always in a sweatshirt and jeans.

A couple of season's ago several characters were carrying Coach bags. I assumed that was a placement.

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

in the first episode that detective fontana (farina) appeared in, he eats lunch with his new partner and his new boss, and when they pay the check he takes out a fat wad of cash. then they show his car and it's a mercedes sl, much more $ than an slk. it's obvious that his character has a big income from something other than police work, they just haven't dipped into that story yet.

vincent d'onofrio and rene zellwegger starred in the worst movie i have ever seen. i can't recall the name of it, but i walked out after about 30 minutes. worst acting ever... i believe it was rene's first role, and when she bacame famous later on i really couldn't believe it.

4. Mike

Mike Senior member

I wouldn't be suprised if they had his character moonlight as PI.

5. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

What night does Law & Order air?

6. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Which one? [​IMG] The original show (with Farina) is on Wednesday night at 10 PM eastern time. Criminal Intent, Sunday at 8 PM; SVU, Tuesday at 10 PM and Trial by Jury, Friday at 9 PM (I think). On the bright side, you can watch "24" on Monday night, but there's really no hope for Thursdays (well, okay, I watch "The Apprentice").

7. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

"Trial by Jury" has been canceled. Â From today's NY Times.

8. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

9. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

did you catch her performance in 'Summer of Sam'? (I think that was the one.) fairly sizzling.

10. demo5

demo5 Senior member

I can't say where the actors get their clothes, but I often see them being re-sold on ebay. There are a lot of auctions for clothing worn once on the set of L&O. In particular, I remeber seeing Brioni ties and Canali suits.

11. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Today on L&O, Farina was sporting a pinkie ring. Questionable.

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Non-sartorial question:  When did Jesse Martin get replaced by the "Sopranos" refugee?

13. marc237

marc237 Senior member

My understanding is that Jesse martin was granted a few weeks out of the shooting schedule to do the movie version of the musical Rent. Imperioli is just a fill-in. Martin is supposed to return in the Fall. http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...i_x.htm?csp=36

14. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

Supplying clothes for TV shows is big business.
    There are people who's full time job is to shop for clothes for these shows.

I have made shirts for a number of shows. I made shirts for a couple of characters on L & O SVU. Belzer (lots of Black) and Chris Malony.

Carl

15. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

SVU would be better if it were more Belzer/Ice-T and less Maloney/whatsername.

16. Horace

Horace Senior member

There's something more elevated than this?

17. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

How is there always a marathon on.

Also, CI sucks.

18. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

6.5 year necropost? WTF?