• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every line of this made me cringe

jaaz16

Reaction score

At first I was annoyed she didn’t interview anyone else to fill in some of the blanks re: his self-serving explanation of why his business failed, but by the time I got to the end I realized it was one of those “let your subject speak for (read: bury) themselves” sort of pieces.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who doesn't have a Brussels griffon lapdog named General Zod?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only in menswear do we revere people who go from failure to bigger failure. I can think of a few menswear personalities who crashed multiple businesses to the ground, hung suppliers and employees out to dry, yet continue to be considered relevant, get invited to trendy podcasts and interviewed by the press. Smh… this is a weird industry

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only in menswear do we revere people who go from failure to bigger failure. I can think of a few menswear personalities who crashed multiple businesses to the ground, hung suppliers and employees out to dry, yet continue to be considered relevant, get invited to trendy podcasts and interviewed by the press. Smh… this is a weird industry
Happens in business all the time. I've seen it in the agency business and read about it in corporations.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing that Scott Sternburg says about the end of Entireworld lines up with what he was saying to every media outlet about it a year ago. I remember being shocked when BoO suddenly folded in a similar fashion. Sad that other than Thom, none of the names from the menswear boom of the aughts lived up to all their coverage and CDFA awards.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not in the normal business world of making stuff and selling it (tech) but seems like any company that goes from 600% revenue growth with 5mm dying in a year must be horribly mismanaged. Are there any reasonable explanations outside of mismanagement?

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

“It wasn’t like I was dying to be acquired by this company,” Sternberg said, after his trip.” —WHAT

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

"after a stint with Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop"

Well that kind of says it all right there.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from their closeout sale. Order confirmation is dated 10/17, and that's the last communication I've received. If we get past 30 days I'm calling the credit card company.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Firefox plans to introduce different palettes if user adoption of the initial colors is sufficiently high. The new hues too are likely to be available for only a limited time.

The limited lifespan of the Colorways is a nod to the seasonality seen in fashion collections or in sneaker culture, added Mr. Lewis, whose early career includes nearly four years at retailer Nordstrom.

Maybe it's not such a bad idea that we keep those people in menswear though?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hypertn