• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating call back question…

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this episode hasn't made you cynical about women.
devil.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
No happened was that she basically wanted to date until she went back to Miami in like 3 weeks. Which isn't going to happen on my end. It was clear that if we saw each other again it would be a date (in other words, more than what friends would do would be involved), but since she basically hinted that she only wants to see me as a passing diversion, she can go ************.

I am not calling her; she can go find another friend, because with that attitude, she's going to need one.

Jon.

she wants to date for 3 weeks and go home? that is reasonable. I wouldn't pass that up in your shoes.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
she wants to date for 3 weeks and go home? that is reasonable. I wouldn't pass that up in your shoes.

Not if it's on a damn Sunday. I mean, really at least show interest and go out with me on a weekday. Also, I thought it was going well enough not to date until she goes down to Miami. That strategy is something I would do if really didn't like the chick, but she was a great lay, because then we would both use each other for our bodies. With this chick on the other hand, I genuinely liked her, so my mind can't treat her any other way.

Jon.

lightsky

Reaction score
That strategy is something I would do if really didn’t like the chick, but she was a great lay, because then we would both use each other for our bodies. With this chick on the other hand, I genuinely liked her, so my mind can’t treat her any other way.

that's the problem.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
That strategy is something I would do if really didn't like the chick, but she was a great lay, because then we would both use each other for our bodies. With this chick on the other hand, I genuinely liked her, so my mind can't treat her any other way.

Jon.

Do what makes you comfortable, obviously. That situation is not appealing to you, so you choose to leave it alone. Bravo.
But frankly your last comment troubles me. While I don't think this is what you intended, it seems to suggest making hay while the sun shines is inconsistent with liking her, and that making the beast with two backs because you both want to would somehow be disrespectful or sexist or exploitative or whatever.
There is no more emasculating myth fed to young men than that one. If anything, the notion that "casual" sex is somehow exploitative of women or amounts to "treat[ing] her" like somebody you don't like has some patronizing undertones. All other things being equal, liking a woman and enjoying her company would seem to be points in favor of sleeping if the opportunity is there, rather than points against it.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Do what makes you comfortable, obviously. That situation is not appealing to you, so you choose to leave it alone. Bravo.
But frankly your last comment troubles me. While I don't think this is what you intended, it seems to suggest making hay while the sun shines is inconsistent with liking her, and that making the beast with two backs because you both want to would somehow be disrespectful or sexist or exploitative or whatever.
There is no more emasculating myth fed to young men than that one. If anything, the notion that "casual" sex is somehow exploitative of women or amounts to "treat[ing] her" like somebody you don't like has some patronizing undertones. All other things being equal, liking a woman and enjoying her company would seem to be points in favor of sleeping if the opportunity is there, rather than points against it.

Then you misunderstood, or I misrepresented my position, regardless and inconsequently, I liked her in both ways, thus to have just half of her doesn't bode to well. Inasmuch as she would be a nice friend to have, I would rather date her or not really hang out with her at all, especially considering what I consider to be great potential to date.

Jon.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score

How can casual sex be exploitive if she is the one suggesting it?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score

Lawyerdad Tells It Like It Is.

That's my new idea for a TV show, you just don't know it yet. Expect a call from NBC's lawyers sometime soon. I figured you could represent yourself in contract negotiations.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Anyways, I no longer care, I already moved on, I already have plans for tonight through Saturday, so I could care less (I don't stay in one place mentally for long), plus since it was only 2 dates, and not a lot of interest from her end, I'm not emotionally attached in a way that this would have really affected me for a while.

Not if it's on a damn Sunday. I mean, really at least show interest and go out with me on a weekday. Also, I thought it was going well enough not to date until she goes down to Miami. That strategy is something I would do if really didn't like the chick, but she was a great lay, because then we would both use each other for our bodies. With this chick on the other hand, I genuinely liked her, so my mind can't treat her any other way.

Jon.

You seem to be saying two different things here. Also, it is "I couldn't care less", not "I could care less".

lawyerdad

Reaction score
She didn't suggest it though, when did I say that she suggested it? On the contrary, I was pretty sure it wouldn't happen.

Jon.

Maybe I was reading too much into, or simply misread, your statement that "I genuinely liked her . . . so my mind can't treat her any other way"
If so, my bad.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Lawyerdad Tells It Like It Is.

That's my new idea for a TV show, you just don't know it yet. Expect a call from NBC's lawyers sometime soon. I figured you could represent yourself in contract negotiations.

Perhaps a better title would be "**** So Obvious Lawyerdad Should Have Figured It Out Much Sooner Than He did."

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
She didn't suggest it though, when did I say that she suggested it? On the contrary, I was pretty sure it wouldn't happen.

Jon.

I try not to read entire threads. It gives me the "fresh" perspective Im angling for. That I have no idea what is going on is just the price you pay for "edge". That, and the constant use of quotation marks.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe I was reading too much into, or simply misread, your statement that "I genuinely liked her . . . so my mind can't treat her any other way"
If so, my bad.

I like her as more than a friend, but if she doesn't, then I can't retrograde my feelings. I feel what I feel, and it's going to make me uncomfortable, then it's not worth it.

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads