• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating call back question…

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
Don't get so testies, because of the, constipation.

Originally Posted by imageWIS
No idea what you are talking about.

Jon.

You spoke previous about, the lack of movement, so the prognosis, didn't arrive , so difficultly.

?

Jon.

Do you want, a 2nd professional option ?

Some interactions are just not meant to be. I think that each of you would you would find Eliza a more compatible conversationalist.

lightsky

Reaction score
Whether to call her or not is still stewing in my brain…

forget about the relationship for now. you're putting too much pressure on her and yourself. if you enjoyed being with her, then spend some time together over the next 3 wks. just try to have fun. if it happens to develop further, then consider it a bonus.

don't be so serious. you'll get more by trying less.

Yes, I’m Jewish, why?

Jon.
cause she's conservative jewish and i thought if you were not that might be an issue for her, especially as it seemed on the surface that you might be of german descent and from south america to boot. i can see how german + south america can have bad connotations for some.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lightsky
forget about the relationship for now. you're putting too much pressure on her and yourself. if you enjoyed being with her, then spend some time together over the next 3 wks. just try to have fun. if it happens to develop further, then consider it a bonus.

don't be so serious. you'll get more by trying less.

cause she's conservative jewish and i thought if you were not that might be an issue for her, especially as it seemed on the surface that you might be of german descent and from south america to boot. i can see how german + south america can have bad connotations for some.

Well, I haven't called her yet. I'm going wait tonight because I might see my friend and I'll see if I can get some info.

Jon.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what happened?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you call her?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Did you call her?

Nope. Actually she called me on Tuesday, and she was like "you didn't call over the weekend" and she apologized for the previous conversation, we might do something next week (she was busy this weekend and so was I).

I'm not holding my breath, I have a house party to go to tonight, so...let the fun begin!
smile.gif

Jon.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not holding my breath, I have a house party to go to tonight, so...let the fun begin!
smile.gif

Jon.

Perhaps you should take, some fiber, before.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oy!! Please, I urge you for your own benefit and sanity to let it go. Pretend she does not nor has ever existed. No calling back, no sunday ****, no friend's sister, nada. She told you she's not interested. Don't torture yourself.

I'll let you in on a little secret: women are usually just as confused about these things as men but our brains are wired to react very differently. Men tend to focus in a singular manner on one specific goal at a time i.e. I must find out if this is the right girl for me and take her out, get laid, get married, have babies... Women OTOH, are much better at multi-tasking and are usually more tolerant of ambiguity. They can easily have many things going on at once and so are more likely to keep baiting you without rejecting you outright while they take their time to figure out whether they want you or what their chances of finding someone better are.

As men, our our best defense is not to play into their uncertainty and to remain clear, direct and relatively unambiguous i.e. I am interested in you and I told you that but I am not interested in being friends or waiting around while you figure out whether you want more. Call me back when you're ready and maybe I'll be around, maybe not, we'll see. In the meantime, move on to the next kill. Our ancestors didn't survive on this earth by chasing after prey that got away. Conserve your energies (and your sanity) by stalking the next one if you missed your chance (pardon the hunting analogy and please don't take that literally) and you will eventually get your kill.

This is the most insightful observation about women that has ever been posted on StyleForum. It unfortunately explains a lot about my life. :(

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they take their time to figure out whether they want you or what their chances of finding someone better are.

Love is when both parties think the other is out of their league.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics