• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating call back question…

lightsky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Jon didn't say she isn't free to date other guys. He said it isn't worth the hassle to him if she can never make time for him on weekend evenings. It's not about judgment, it's about deciding what does or doesn't work for you.

he said

But if she would only give me the time of day when it suited her, then I was just being used and it was not worth it.
which sounded to me like he was more upset that she didn't care enough about the relationship to consider his schedule than that he was being inconvenienced.

but if it's just a scheduling problem, then the answer is simple: just forget about it.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
She offered to pay for half (several times) of dinner, I said no, in retrospect I should have said yes.

Jon.

They have a way of doing that. The girl (you all know which one) I bought that expensive dinner for was really good about making me think she'd reciprocate in terms of paying for things, but always managed to avoid it. Some chicks put-on a front of generosity just so that they don't look like greedy bitches, but really they're just gambling that you'll insist on paying anyway.

It's funny, I emailed her today about some stuff of mine she still has.. I lent her a cashmere sweater and a book and i wanted them back before she leaves the country for 2 months. The reply i got was "i'm actually leaving tonight, but dont worry, i'll get them to you when i get back and i haven't forgotten about the dinner i owe you either."

Ya right. Fkin ***** heh. I didn't even reply.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
T
Anyways, I no longer care, I already moved on, I already have plans for tonight through Saturday, so I could care less (I don't stay in one place mentally for long), plus since it was only 2 dates, and not a lot of interest from her end, I'm not emotionally attached in a way that this would have really affected me for a while.

hmm... from your play by play overanalyzying every move and this thread going on for 18 pages... you sure fooled me.

P.S. I don't need another **** buddy, I already have 2.

pfft.
rolleyes.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lightsky
he said

which sounded to me like he was more upset that she didn't care enough about the relationship to consider his schedule than that he was being inconvenienced.

but if it's just a scheduling problem, then the answer is simple: just forget about it.

I have no idea what you mean by that.

Jon.

lightsky

Reaction score
I have no idea what you mean by that.

Jon.

lawyer dad wrote

Originally Posted by lawyerdad
And jon has the right not to be 4th in line if he doesn't want to. Jon didn't say she isn't free to date other guys. He said it isn't worth the hassle to him if she can never make time for him on weekend evenings. It's not about judgment, it's about deciding what does or doesn't work for you.

which implied that your objection was only that it was too much of a "hassle" to go out on any other than weekend nights. this sounded like a "scheduling" problem, and not the problem i thought it was.

btw, if she has a boyfriend, then she has no choice but to set aside friday and saturday nights to be with him. you should expect this situation to continue until she's ready to dump him. it may take more than a few dates before she can make this decision.

your friend should be able to help you find out her dating status. broach the subject tactfully, however, since, as many have already pointed out, it will get back to her.

i'm just curious: are you jewish?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I often wish I was jewish so that I could give Larry David's reply of "would you like to see ********?"
laugh.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I often wish I was jewish so that I could give Larry David's reply of "would you like to see ********?"
laugh.gif

hey, it still works, it is still an informative anser, just in the negative.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lawyer dad wrote

which implied that your objection was only that it was too much of a "hassle" to go out on any other than weekend nights. this sounded like a "scheduling" problem, and not the problem i thought it was.

btw, if she has a boyfriend, then she has no choice but to set aside friday and saturday nights to be with him. you should expect this situation to continue until she's ready to dump him. it may take more than a few dates before she can make this decision.

your friend should be able to help you find out her dating status. broach the subject tactfully, however, since, as many have already pointed out, it will get back to her.

Whether to call her or not is still stewing in my brain...

Yes, I'm Jewish, why?

Jon.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
hey, it still works, it is still an informative anser, just in the negative.

true

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should try it; it's fun and commitment-free.

Also, its really easy to critique, but where is your advise to actually help?

Jon.

Don't get so testies, because of the, constipation.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea what you are talking about.

Jon.

You spoke previous about, the lack of movement, so the prognosis, didn't arrive , so difficultly.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

Jon.

Do you want, a 2nd professional option ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads