• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lem87

Reaction score
So how does a structured 55 last 10 or 10.5 fit in comparison to wolverine sizing? Ii ask because I have 1000 miles in both sizes. Can anyone who responds also post their whites width and heel height selection? Blocked heel would be most helpful and or mp 55 would be most helpful but 55 last in general will do too

Last edited:

FutureComesToday

Reaction score
So how does a structured 55 last 10 or 10.5 fit in comparison to wolverine sizing? Ii ask because I have 1000 miles in both sizes. Can anyone who responds also post their whites width and heel height selection? Blocked heel would be most helpful and or mp 55 would be most helpful but 55 last in general will do too
I wear a 8.5D in both a White's 55 unstructured and Wolverine 1K. I find that the Wolverine size is a little less consistent across boots.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 8.5D in both a White's 55 unstructured and Wolverine 1K. I find that the Wolverine size is a little less consistent across boots.
How are your White’s bounty Hunters in Natural CxL doing? lol
I remember reading a review on Reddit a couple years ago

DG123

Reaction score

By "structured" are you referring to a celastic toe ?
In the Wolverine 1000 Mile my size is 12D and in the White's Semi Dress (55 Last with celastic toe and Logger heel) my size is 12.5 B.

FutureComesToday

Reaction score
How are your White’s bounty Hunters in Natural CxL doing? lol
I remember reading a review on Reddit a couple years ago
Thanks for asking! I don't wear them nearly enough, and they hardly show any wear. No more than 50 wears on them, and less than 100 miles. I won the CXL lottery (and the workmanship lottery) - they look like new practically. Not a lot of time in the sun so color still looks very similar to new. Only used Lexol to condition every 3-4 months as I find it doesn't change colors at all.

Last edited:

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Doubt it my first pair of distressed RO bounty hunters developed a tear in the vamp from normal use. Probably a defective pair but work leathers that aren't treated to have a worn look (like red dog, black oil, brown oil) should be tougher

Percivilla

Reaction score
Been wearing these just about every day since spring. I wear them at work which is mostly office but also some field, dog walking, day hikes, basically everywhere.

Brown smooth is SO much better than I was expecting, it's thick but soft from the get go, no discomfort breaking in, super water resistant, tough, no bad creasing, bit of a "tea core", my favorite leather ever.

Arch ease is just awesome, love it.

Build quality is basically perfect. Couple loose threads, big whoop.

These are my fave boots of all time.

Gripes: they squeak. Yep. It's quiet but they both squeak a bit. Hasn't gotten any worse for weeks now and I only hear it on smooth surfaces when it's quiet.

Vibram 430: great, surprising amount of grip, wearing like iron.

Brushed 'em up for the photos, haven't touched them otherwise.

13c

IMG_20220913_175613.jpg
IMG_20220913_175529.jpg
IMG_20220913_175512.jpg
IMG_20220913_175548.jpg

IMG_20220913_175613.jpg

Last edited:

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been wearing these just about every day since spring. I wear them at work which is mostly office but also some field, dog walking, day hikes, basically everywhere.

Brown smooth is SO much better than I was expecting, it's thick but soft from the get go, no discomfort breaking in, super water resistant, tough, no bad creasing, bit of a "tea core", my favorite leather ever.

Gripes: they squeak. Yep. It's quiet but they both squeak a bit. Hasn't gotten any worse for weeks now and I only hear it on smooth surfaces when it's quiet.

13b

View attachment 1832170 View attachment 1832171 View attachment 1832172 View attachment 1832173

View attachment 1832170
I like the brown oil tan leather but I think it has stretched more than Horsehide.
Not to mention that double midsoles packers are solid as tanks and…weigh like a tank too 😂

Hellraysaz

Reaction score

13c

View attachment 1832170 View attachment 1832171 View attachment 1832172 View attachment 1832173

View attachment 1832170

The creasing or lack thereof is awesome on these.

Percivilla

Reaction score
The creasing or lack thereof is awesome on these.

Agreed! Love this leather. It was a bit dull/matte out of the box, but after some wear and the occasional brush they start to develop a bit of shine. I've probably brushed them half a dozen times but no conditioning yet.

Didn't notice much stretch but yes, they weigh a ton.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed! Love this leather. It was a bit dull/matte out of the box, but after some wear and the occasional brush they start to develop a bit of shine. I've probably brushed them half a dozen times but no conditioning yet.

Didn't notice much stretch but yes, they weigh a ton.
I recommend a coat of Obenauf oil.
It seemed like the leather was thirsty.

wordfool

Reaction score

When I had Wolverines in a previous life I was the same size as I am in Red Wings -- 10.5D. In White's 55 last (celastic) I'm a 10.5C, so essentially the same (but with an ability to finally match my lowish-volume feet)

Hellraysaz

Reaction score
My BF Stevens in Natty Maryam arrived Tuesday. These are the 5050 last with a nonstructured toe. They fit perfectly and the finish is nearly perfect, After a few months of wear, the little imperfections will not be noticeable.

I was surprised with the thickness of the leather. Compared to my MP Horse Hides, the Maryam is thicker and stiffer. I hope they soften up as they break-in. They will be a very hearty boot. I have one days wear on them and could not lace them tight. The uppers were so stiff they cut into my ankles. It is going to take some time to soften these guys up. My CXL Bounty Hunters were a breeze to break in compared to these.

I think they are a perfect office 80% and field 20% boot with enough class to be worn with a suit.

I'll post more photos after a few wears. View attachment 1779952 View attachment 1779953 View attachment 1779954 View attachment 1779955 View attachment 1779956 View attachment 1779957 View attachment 1779958

Stumbled across these again. Would love to see how they have aged if you ever feel like it 🙏

Lem87

Reaction score
Is there a noticable difference between black cxl and black double shot? It seems to have replaced black chromexcel on afew build platform options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads