• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Sorry for the monologue, but I did find a pic of the Hathorn oxfords (same as Baker Oxfords?) in brown cxl with white soles from a shop here in Japan. These look great. I know most on here our into boots, but I'm surprised these oxfords aren't talked about more?

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, the #38 Swing Last is the most roomy one, but as for lowered profile, I don't really know that.
The #461 Last, I think it will just feel like the Standard Smoke Jumper Last in size.

is there any other [distinct] difference between 461 & SJ, aside from the upturned toe?

sneakerbearz

Reaction score
They finally arrived! These are some serious boots- very well made, seemingly bullet proof, and just plain heavy duty...they will last a lifetime. I had them put on a more aggressive lug for serious traction and durability...alters the asthetics a bit but this boot is a function over fashion decision... They fit perfectly...and they put my RW GTs to shame...these boots rock. They are pretty heavy tho- I put my Alden Cordo-Indy's on after wearing these for a while and it felt like I was wearing slippers...
eukgaw.jpg
16l0l69.jpg
200xwkk.jpg

is this a bounty hunter or classic work boots ???

sneakerbearz

Reaction score
is there any other [distinct] difference between 461 & SJ, aside from the upturned toe?

i want to know to. any expert know the different besize the upturned toe ? it would be great if you can show pic too.
i want to order a pair of smokejumper but i dont know which last i should choose. headache...headache....

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new burgundy chromexcel sem-dress are in from Baker's. Here's the config and pics (first photo is more color accurate):

Custom Semi Dress by White's Boots
Last Standard, Sole Leather, Size - Length 11, Hardware Brass Eyes & Hooks, Edge Natural, Upper (Shaft) Leather #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel by Horween, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Leather Liner Tan, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel by Horween, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap Medallion Toe Cap, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler)
Heel is lowered by 1/4"

Last edited:

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of heels...

How tall is the standard semi-dress heel? I believe I once measured it at approx. 1.5" but I'm hoping someone with a pair can confirm.

Thx.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir.

Anyone know if it's possible to add a 1/4" lift to an existing heel? The current heel on my pair is only 1.25" (they were an old eBay find) and I'd like to bring it up to standard SD heel height.

Do I need to replace the entire heel? Would be a shame 'cause there's plenty of life left in the Quabaug.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got my MTO SD HH lowered by 1/4", as well.
i, also, would like to know if & how to acquire a lifting/lowering "kit"__ hey KYLE, maybe you can answer that for us :)

Last edited:

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i got my MTO SD HH lowered by 1/4", as well.
i, also, would like to know if & how to acquire a lifting/lowering "kit"__ hey KYLE, maybe you can answer that for us :)

A kit would be a great idea.

The quarter inch makes quite a difference in how the boot sits on the ground. When I slip a quarter-inch thick book under the heel, the entire boot seems to right itself. The toe angles back down and the boots feel nicer to stand in. I've come to agree with others that the SD's really aren't made for lower heel heights.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea, i'm beginning to think that way, too. i don't mind the upturned toes__ 'opted on the #38 swing last [exactly] for that reason. but, i was thinking "Cuban" might not be a good combo for the bulkier toe box, so i went for the block heels for aesthetic's sake.

anyway, i said to myself, i can easily have them lifted & tapered slightly [as on the Viberg service boots] if ever i change my mind down the line :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads