Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. sneakerbearz

sneakerbearz Well-Known Member

i want to know to. any expert know the different besize the upturned toe ? it would be great if you can show pic too.
    i want to order a pair of smokejumper but i dont know which last i should choose. headache...headache....

2. Thor

Thor Senior member

Its a Classic workboot.

3. My new burgundy chromexcel sem-dress are in from Baker's. Here's the config and pics (first photo is more color accurate):

Custom Semi Dress by White's Boots
    Last Standard, Sole Leather, Size - Length 11, Hardware Brass Eyes & Hooks, Edge Natural, Upper (Shaft) Leather #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel by Horween, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Leather Liner Tan, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel by Horween, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap Medallion Toe Cap, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler)
    Heel is lowered by 1/4"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012

4. sneakerbearz

Thanks. the block heel look bit wired on a workboot ...

5. sneakerbearz

do any body have a pic of 1/4 inch higher heels on whites boots ?

6. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

On the subject of heels...

How tall is the standard semi-dress heel? I believe I once measured it at approx. 1.5" but I'm hoping someone with a pair can confirm.

Thx.

7. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^4cm on the dot__ 1.5 is about right.

8. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Thank you sir.

Anyone know if it's possible to add a 1/4" lift to an existing heel? The current heel on my pair is only 1.25" (they were an old eBay find) and I'd like to bring it up to standard SD heel height.

Do I need to replace the entire heel? Would be a shame 'cause there's plenty of life left in the Quabaug.

9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

i got my MTO SD HH lowered by 1/4", as well.
    i, also, would like to know if & how to acquire a lifting/lowering "kit"__ hey KYLE, maybe you can answer that for us :)

Last edited: May 2, 2012

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

i read in this thread that you can work things out with baker..it has been done..

11. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

A kit would be a great idea.

The quarter inch makes quite a difference in how the boot sits on the ground. When I slip a quarter-inch thick book under the heel, the entire boot seems to right itself. The toe angles back down and the boots feel nicer to stand in. I've come to agree with others that the SD's really aren't made for lower heel heights.

12. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

yea, i'm beginning to think that way, too. i don't mind the upturned toes__ 'opted on the #38 swing last [exactly] for that reason. but, i was thinking "Cuban" might not be a good combo for the bulkier toe box, so i went for the block heels for aesthetic's sake.

anyway, i said to myself, i can easily have them lifted & tapered slightly [as on the Viberg service boots] if ever i change my mind down the line :)

Last edited: May 2, 2012

13. 7018

7018 Active Member

Just heard that Whites is offering the Semi Dress and Smoke Jumpers in Natural Chrome Excel now. Does anyone have good pictures of other boots/shoes in the Natural? Just trying to get a feel for the color.

14. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

I visited a shop here in Tokyo yesterday called Motor (it's a more recent spin-off of the wonderful Moto Aoyama Leatherworks).

They had some fantastic lace-up boots in natty cxl that I think more closely resemble a Whites boot than any other natty cxl boots I've seen. The images are quite dark, but hopefully they give you an idea.

http://www.motostyle.jp/motor/boots/lace-up.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This final pic (the first pics at the link above) is of a pair of boots worn hard on a summer bike trip around the US.

[​IMG]

15. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

I also visited the main Moto Aoyama shop in Tokyo yesterday and they had some really nice oxfords and long chukkas in natural CXL. They have a new page on their site that shows how many of their shoes age:

http://www.motostyle.jp/leather-silver/item/item-top.html

New long chukkas in Natty CXL:

[​IMG]

Worn:

[​IMG]

The Motor photos of the worn boots above, and also, If you search around a bit, the photo of the well worn Alden Longwing Bluchers that seems to have drawn a lot of interest in natural CXL, seem to have both been treated with heavy doses of something or other. I think the photo of the worn chukka above provides a good idea of what natural CXL boots look like when aged, well, naturally.