1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

That`s a nice history. Got pics from way back then?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. slide13

slide13 Senior member

or even just pics before they were sent in so we can see before and after shots? Either way, be sure to post the results once you get them back.

3. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Just sent in my order, Kyle at Baker's is extremely patient and helpful.

4. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Just got my SD`s back from Baker. I had them add a thin vibram half sole. Again quality work and awesome customer service from bakershoe :happy:

5. LeftysRock

LeftysRock Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got back the rebuilds over the weekend. Didn't have any "before" photos but in the one photo above you will notice the condition of the uppers. The bottoms were in worse shape. The rebuilt boots fit perfectly and feel like brand new boots. Now I need to break them in again. Total cost was about $235 including the shipping back and forth.

6. Jorge

Jorge Senior member

Looks like they put your uppers on a pair of new boots.:fistbump:

7. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

Great work! Is that work done by Bakers and not sent back to Whites I wonder?

8. fuzzyearlobes

fuzzyearlobes Senior member

no, whites does the rebuilds

9. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Had Baker add this thin vibram 2337 Richard half-sole. Again excellent service and quality work
    [​IMG]

Didn`t want the thick composition half-sole offered by White's. This is more of an office-casual pair for me. I`ll get another pair I can beat up on the trail.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. fuzzyearlobes

These arrived a couple weeks ago. Great pair of casual non-boots. They need some break in however, and I have since been on the phone with Kyle at Bakers because the heel is too loose. I guess I measure out at a C in the heel area, although I measured a D on my SJ's. No bother, but they are going back to Whites to have some surgery to snug up the heel a bit. Its not too bad as is, but Im picky, and plan to have these for a while so I want them to be a proper fit from the get go.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  11. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

Great work. Do you have a side shot?

12. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

I`ve been thinking of the fit ever seen I saw a photo of these shoes a few months back. It seems that the rear heel box is a lot softer than a shoe. That might be the issue. Whist the SD is a solid construction, the shoes feel like they dont have a solid heel support.

13. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Here it is.
    [​IMG]

Hoping to not give a fuck when winter comes and just wipe the salt off since I have been brushing daily after every wear over the summer.

1 person likes this.
  14. oneninetyseven

oneninetyseven Well-Known Member

Those are lovely.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  15. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

thanks. Just a standard build with close sole trim. next, I wanna make a distinct , unique pair akin to bl@ster`s burgundy pair or daizawa`s buffalo/dark cherry one

16. GurrCentral

GurrCentral Member

New to the site, here is one of my 3 pairs of White's. I fight fire in the summers when im not teaching for a rappel crew for the Forest Service. These are rough cut smokejumpers, 10inch. I also have brown rough cuts with honey vibram, and black smokejumpers with honey vibrams. Will be ordering some semi-dress for teaching!! trying to figure out what color i want for the semi-dress!
    [​IMG]

17. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Are those dress brown leather? They look fantastic.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  18. GurrCentral

GurrCentral Member

Are those dress brown from white's? great looking!

19. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Yeah brown dress. Trees in and brushed daily.

20. fuzzyearlobes

no, the heel area is quite sturdy. I just screwed up the measurements. I measure at a C width in the heel area, but ordered a D. Its just too loose for my liking. These are great shoes, but I recommend remeasuring, as the fit of the northwest last is different than the semi dress last. At least that is my experience.