• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Custom Suit Shop" Atlanta or Budget MTM

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a MTM suit in Atlanta and have a budget of less than $700. I found Custom Suit Shop and was wondering if anyone has purchased a MTM suit from them before.

If not, does anyone have any recommendations for MTM in Atlanta on a budget? Miller Bro's, Mario, Sid are all very expensive are range from $1,000+

Ayrton

Reaction score
I looked at CSS, and was not impressed.

The basic suit made from a wool/poly blend is $595, and the price goes up to $795 for anything remotely decent. Your measurements are sent to mill in China, and the final tailoring is done by Mario Bosco. Oh, and there is a 4-6 week wait.

Why go thru all that drama when you can get a MTM suit from Brooks Brothers made from better fabric, for less money.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I looked at CSS, and was not impressed.

The basic suit made from a wool/poly blend is $595, and the price goes up to $795 for anything remotely decent. Your measurements are sent to mill in China, and the final tailoring is done by Mario Bosco. Oh, and there is a 4-6 week wait.

Why go thru all that drama when you can get a MTM suit from Brooks Brothers made from better fabric, for less money.
Thanks for the reply with CSS. I had a feeling it was too good to be true. Brooks brothers MTM is pricey. Not sure what MTM your looking at. Whenever I would go it cost $1,000 to get good fabrics and your limited.

Last edited:

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
MTM is expensive, man. That's just the reality. I wouldn't even consider 1k for legit MTM expensive (in relative terms)

Try TAT if you are short on cash.

Last edited:

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MTM is expensive, man. That's just the reality. I wouldn't even consider 1k for legit MTM expensive (in relative terms)

Try TAT if you are short on cash. 
Used TAT, and wasn't blown away The stitching is not consistent and your limited to what you can customize. He uses great fabrics and the construction was solid, just not blown away. Would rather save the money and get another suit.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Do you need a suit right this minute? If not I would save up a little more. I just got a MTM suit from Sid and it's awesome. They are also honing their process even more these days so the experience is only getting better. Granted it ended up netting out around $1,300, but I'm truly happy with it. Always remember if you settle now, you'll just end up paying more later.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try using 'Search' to answer your question.

I have used the search button. Most of the thread were very old and I didn't think it was necessary to bump a thread from 2 years ago.

Do you need a suit right this minute? If not I would save up a little more. I just got a MTM suit from Sid and it's awesome. They are also honing their process even more these days so the experience is only getting better. Granted it ended up netting out around $1,300, but I'm truly happy with it. Always remember if you settle now, you'll just end up paying more later.
I love Sid, however $1,300 is way too high. Since I work in a hotel, my suit are continually being soiled and just get a rough treatment due to the fact that I run around. I am def. going to buy a suit from Sid at some point. Just not now. Thanks for the reply.

Ayrton

Reaction score
Are you sure you have to have MTM?

BB can be very competitive with the right sale.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Used TAT, and wasn't blown away The stitching is not consistent and your limited to what you can customize. He uses great fabrics and the construction was solid, just not blown away. Would rather save the money and get another suit.

Got it.

I used to be an MTM fanatic until I found some brands that work for me. There is maybe 10% fit difference (in my case) but the ease of use and savings is worth well over 50% (and I don't wear cheap clothes).

What is your body type? If you are on a budget, and you have to give up 10% fit (because lets be honest - most bespoke gets flamed around here, never mind mtm) but you gain 50% in quality/value, is that not the move?

In regard to BB, I just saw a shitload of black fleese and Fitz SC's on the BS, learn what fits you then shop online brah.

Last edited:

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got it.

I used to be an MTM fanatic until I found some brands that work for me. There is maybe  10% fit difference (in my case) but the ease of use and savings is worth well over 50% (and I don't wear cheap clothes).

What is your body type? If you are on a budget, and you have to give up 10% fit (because lets be honest - most bespoke gets flamed around here, never mind mtm) but you gain 50% in quality/value, is that not the move?

In regard to BB, I just saw a shitload of black fleese and Fitz SC's on the BS, learn what fits you then shop online brah.

Prefer MIlano, I am very thin. I guess you're right about OTR. I may give BB another chance. Thanks for the replies.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Prefer MIlano, I am very thin. I guess you're right about OTR. I may give BB another chance. Thanks for the replies.
Ralph Black Label was (might still be on sale) for 30+15. You could get a super slim RLBL made by Caruso for roughly a grand. If you are skinny it will fit.
Fully canvased, etc.

Last edited:

Ayrton

Reaction score
I hit BB often with the right sales, and pick up the 1818 suits for under $500. A little nip / tuck here and there, and they fit.

Worth a look anyway.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this tread? Has anyone had any custom tailoring in Atlanta for under $1,000? Looking for roughly $600-$700

jcb9

Reaction score
As mentioned above, your budget is not reasonable for what you are looking for. That being said, I have used Custom Clothing of Atlanta (not to be confused with Atlanta Custom Clothing) in Sandy Springs for some tailoring and I was reasonably satisfied with their work. I would probably talk to them about MTM if I were to go that route. There is a shop here in Vinings where I work called Webb Ltd. I called them to ask about custom shirts and they seem knowledgeable.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanieSmerth