1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Awesomeness!!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by seen, Apr 3, 2006.

1. seen

seen Senior member

2. Becks23

Becks23 Senior member

Vans used to do a lot of customization from what I read in Sneaker Freaker. you could basically bring in any material and they would do it up for you.

3. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

I'm always initially excited by these "custom" programs, but the options always disappoint me in the end. I want to be able to pick any Vans pattern out of the archives and go with that, not pick an upper in a core color/pattern but have slight variations in vamp bindings and heels and whatever.

Vans used to do a lot of customization from what I read in Sneaker Freaker. you could basically bring in any material and they would do it up for you.
    I'd heard this as well. The story went that surfers would bring in their old board shorts and have them made into the uppers of their new sneakers.

4. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

If anyone knows if they still do this, I'd do it in a heart beat. I'll send them in some old plaid or something.