• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

ThomasR

Reaction score
Nothing yet on my side, I sent an email to Alex this morning but no reply.
When did you receive the link ?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just one pair and they overpower all my other boots, i've been considering finding them a different place with more ventilation..
There’s probably something wrong with me, but I really like the scent personally.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you all get the payment link for the Islay Russian calf gmto? I’m still waiting for mine.
Yep, got it yesterday. Now to forget about them for the next 6 months or so. They should arrive just in time for fall.

ModWar

Reaction score
Right, that is me also confirmed as participating in the Islay Russian Grain. I, too, have revisited my actual FOMO from last time and decided I couldn't let it happen a second time.

My only small reservation with the specification in the Google sheet is the notched welt rather than standard storm welt.
That notched welt is the reason why I have stayed out of the GMTO. Is there any chance that C&J would produce pairs with a different welt in the same GMTO? It’s against the nature of a GMTO, but it would really like a pair exactly like the first iteration.

SumDude

Reaction score
Who would be in for either a last 365 Vibram (or other sole) boot or shoe similar to Indiana/Shannon/Denver moctoe Rough Out in either Color:
1) green
2) mid to dark grey
3) brown as the Indiana
examples

thanks

I am interested. Any thoughts on a Ridgeway instead of the "vibram cleated"? The Ridgeway is also offered in a green. Also, should the tan stitch color be noted somewhere?

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
(Lack of) photography skills notwithstanding, the Russian grain really is that pronounced on C&J makeups - at least on the GMTOs…

It has noticeably more texture than the same J&FJ Baker’s leather on a Carmina I own or have noticed from other makers, and if you are into aggressive grain patterns, quite spectacular.

I can’t say if this is due to how the leather is lasted or if the additional layers of the wingtip/cap toe patterns of the Islay/Coniston highlights the thickness of the leather, but it is my favorite attribute of the C&J’s Russian grain makeups…

IMG_3257.jpeg

melcahoon

Reaction score
(Lack of) photography skills notwithstanding, the Russian grain really is that pronounced on C&J makeups - at least on the GMTOs…

It has noticeably more texture than the same J&FJ Baker’s leather on a Carmina I own or have noticed from other makers, and if you are into aggressive grain patterns, quite spectacular.

I can’t say if this is due to how the leather is lasted or if the additional layers of the wingtip/cap toe patterns of the Islay/Coniston highlights the thickness of the leather, but it is my favorite attribute of the C&J’s Russian grain makeups…

View attachment 2148607
Excellent examples here - thank you! Love the real world photos.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
From the recent green roughout suede Islay GMTO.
Anyone else finding the boot tight along the bridge of the foot? My pair feels quite cramped and uncomfortable in the throat and vamp areas. For a 365 lasted fit in my usual size, i would have expected it to be more spacious.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the recent green roughout suede Islay GMTO.
Anyone else finding the boot tight along the bridge of the foot? My pair feels quite cramped and uncomfortable in the throat and vamp areas. For a 365 lasted fit in my usual size, i would have expected it to be more spacious.
With the disclaimer that this is the first 365 last (ed: first? last? lol) article I have experienced, they have been very well fitted for me. Better than my two Coniston, and much roomier (in a good way) than the Weymouth I also have (don't remember what last that is). Do you have similar issues with other 365 last shoes/boots?
Edit:
Maybe it is also your lacing method?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads