• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

orionz06

Reaction score
it is pity we didn’t get any Conistons going lately. Is there still no taste for any? Lately it is all about Brogues.
I would be down also for some kind of 5 eyelet derbies or…
Did C&J ever offer “shoe” version of their Galway boots? Would be down for that with 5 eyelets…
I want a natural CXL cap toe Coniston with speed hooks.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I for unknown reasons decided I needed to stop buying boots, because I had more than enough, and pulled out of the GMTO. A thought I later had to admit was folly.
godfather-3-just-when-i-thought.jpg

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is pity we didn’t get any Conistons going lately. Is there still no taste for any? Lately it is all about Brogues.
Did C&J ever offer “shoe” version of their Galway boots? Would be down for that with 5 eyelets…
I'd be in for the derby - either color - at this link -

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
I'd be in for the derby - either color - at this link -

The olive pebble grain no longer stocked by C&J.
But dark brown pebble grain or tan scotch grain or natural hurricane hide are all available options. This GMTO idea for a Peebles didnt get any interest when i floated it few months ago. Hence why i didnt create a spreadsheet. Thats 2 people interested it seems. Anyone else? Proposal below:

[/URL]

Last edited:

Aurdelon

Reaction score
The olive pebble grain no longer stocked by C&J.
But dark brown pebble grain or tan scotch grain or natural hurricane hide are all available options. This GMTO idea for a Peebles didnt get any interest when i floated it few months ago. Hence why i didnt create a spreadsheet. Thats 2 people interested it seems. Anyone else? Proposal below:

[/URL]
I would be down for scotch grain leather for Peebles model. Probably leaning more to dark brown one.
Would it be possible to do Veldtschoen construction for this one instead of storm welt? I believe it would be closer to a roots of this shoe more. Also, how does 335 fit compared to 228 last? I have very narrow feet with fallen arches and low instep. I need to wear super thick socks and inserts to have 228 even remotely work. I would like to be able to wear derbies with thin socksin summer...

kevking

Reaction score
I have gotten the email from Alex - about the navy cordovan Coniston moving forward. I don’t think we have 6 people, but if you’re interested, it might be a good time to jump in.

Aurdelon

Reaction score
I have gotten the email from Alex - about the navy cordovan Coniston moving forward. I don’t think we have 6 people, but if you’re interested, it might be a good time to jump in.
Navy is not interesting color for me unfortunately. I am fairly conservative with color pallete in my wardrobe. But thank you for letting me know.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
I would be down for scotch grain leather for Peebles model. Probably leaning more to dark brown one.
Would it be possible to do Veldtschoen construction for this one instead of storm welt? I believe it would be closer to a roots of this shoe more. Also, how does 335 fit compared to 228 last? I have very narrow feet with fallen arches and low instep. I need to wear super thick socks and inserts to have 228 even remotely work. I would like to be able to wear derbies with thin socksin summer...

Not keen on veldtschoen for this potential GMTO. because it makes it too similar to a Cairngorm from cheaney which i have already (and which costs much less). I take the 335 in my regular size and dont find that it runs large in anyway or is any more spacious in the toe box than a 325. Cant compare it to 228 which ive never worn.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aurdelon

Reaction score
Not keen on veldtschoen for this potential GMTO. because it makes it too similar to a Cairngorm from cheaney which i have already (and which costs much less). I take the 335 in my regular size and dont find that it runs large in anyway or is any more spacious in the toe box than a 325. Cant compare it to 228 which ive never worn.

Didn’t know that make-up exist! What are you willing to change on that make-up?

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Didn’t know that make-up exist! What are you willing to change on that make-up?

I am ok with 'dark brown' pebble grain, 'natural' hurricane hide, or 'tan' scotch grain. Ridgeway is preffered or Dainite is ok too. Exposed eyelets and 335 are a must.

But hey, i haven't even created a proposal or GMTO sheet yet. Neither have i got any copyright on the concept. So feel free to take ownership of it and propose a different variant if you like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads