• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Finally got the Tendo Mikko table I've been wanting for like 12 yrs:
View attachment 1901551
From a Japanese seller on eBay. Love the bent plywood legs.

Nice! The zelkova one? I remember you messaging me about one a year ago. We love ours, not least because we move it around the room all the time.

It’s kind of funny when we’re at a hotel where these are ubiquitous in tatami rooms and my son recognizes it from home.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Hey everyone, could I get some couch/brand recommendations? Primarily looking for quality and comfort (obviously), and cleanability (are slip covers good?) I don’t know what brands to begin looking at as I’m used to IKEA, bobs furniture, etc. budget of 3-4k, Can extend to 5k if it’s worthwhile to. I need to be mindful of my goblin cat who enjoys scratching at the corner of the couch, so I assume no leather. Need to limit the length to 85”

I particularly like these styles if that helps. Couch can be lifted.. if that’s the correct terminology.

Attachments

• 1F1E6A7A-9E87-4F4C-8A16-D0E6113EDD88.png
    1F1E6A7A-9E87-4F4C-8A16-D0E6113EDD88.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 35314658-C9F1-4FEE-AB4E-585FFCE50DA7.png
    35314658-C9F1-4FEE-AB4E-585FFCE50DA7.png
    420.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, could I get some couch/brand recommendations? Primarily looking for quality and comfort (obviously), and cleanability (are slip covers good?) I don’t know what brands to begin looking at as I’m used to IKEA, bobs furniture, etc. budget of 3-4k, Can extend to 5k if it’s worthwhile to. I need to be mindful of my goblin cat who enjoys scratching at the corner of the couch, so I assume no leather. Need to limit the length to 85”

I particularly like these styles if that helps. Couch can be lifted.. if that’s the correct terminology.

Check out Room and Board. Plenty of options and fabrics that are family/pet friendly.

emptym

Reaction score
Nice! The zelkova one? I remember you messaging me about one a year ago. We love ours, not least because we move it around the room all the time.

It’s kind of funny when we’re at a hotel where these are ubiquitous in tatami rooms and my son recognizes it from home.
I think so! Not sure though, since the seller didn't list the type of wood. But based on the color and grain, I think it is. The pics looked like cedar, which my wife would have preferred, but I'm pretty happy with this. Our daughter claimed it as her homework table even though she's got a desk in her room.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Check out Room and Board. Plenty of options and fabrics that are family/pet friendly.

Thanks, will have to check out their showroom. Are there other brands you would recommend? I've been to Joy bird but read some horrible reviews online. Pottery barn looks ok?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Interior Define.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not the right place for this, obviously.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I posted my question in the Art thread, but this may be a better place. Does anyone here know of a source for stock or custom frames with the "Montparnasse patina"? I'm looking for that Louis XIV/XV style that saw a revival in the late 19th/early 20th century ... gold but toned down with a slightly dusty feel ... and almost always having a Marie Louise liner.
This is a very brand-reinforcing post. 🙂

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought your post was fine here, btw. Just being silly.
I posted in an art forum where I participate. That really is the better place for it. If anyone here is curious, I think your link has my original question.

It's coming up on 10 PM. Do you know where your pills are? I do! ;) That ankle is feeling better already.

Oh, here is an example of this frame from the early 20th century. EDIT (pills have worn off but pain has subsided) It's ideal for French paintings that were "à la page" in the late 1800's. We recently got a work from that time and place but the frame is heavily damaged. Having a master's in art history, I am not giving into framing it in a way that wasn't appropriate at that time. I've seen them put in flashy gold baroque and even moldings more appropriate for works of our time and I'm not happy with that. Fortunately this kind of frame works where it will be hung. Unfortunately they are difficult to find. I am working with one fellow who may be able to repair the existing frame.

Attachments

• frame-parisian-wand-montparnasse-sculpte-carved-french-frame-twentieth-century.jpg
    frame-parisian-wand-montparnasse-sculpte-carved-french-frame-twentieth-century.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Hey everyone, could I get some couch/brand recommendations? Primarily looking for quality and comfort (obviously), and cleanability (are slip covers good?)

Slip covers are great. I'd have to think hard about buying a sofa that comes 'pre' slipcovered, but having them made after the fact can be fantastic. Obviously, some styles (like you picture) are better suited to slipcovers than others. And the fabric matters--- a leather sofa with canvas slipcovers for summer make a nice, breezy change.

Had a rectilinear Ikea sectional professionally slipcovered in a condo for several years. Pre-shrunk cotton canvas, sewn by a gal who now has one of the largest upholstery/drapery workrooms around--can't imagine what she'd charge these days. Washed the covers a couple times a year and then rented it with the furniture in place, finally sold the furniture with the condo. It might be still going. Oh, the covers were made when the sofa was new and were always in place, not seasonal.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me ID these stools?

TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 10.54.35 PM.png.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 10.54.35 PM.png.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 58

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads