• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CONTEST TIME - nominate the best posts on the forum, win prizes, profit. - Ongoing Front Page Conte

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I nominate Ivwri's original post in the Yohji thread. It's full of great information, from the historic to the practical, and it is a work in progress, meaning Ivwri continues to take the time to update it. It's also the post that started the thread that gave a lot of SFers (myself included) a closer look at Yohji's work, making it accessible where before it had seemed remote and even maybe a little anachronistic. The thread itself is great: informative, welcoming, polite (!), and smart, with a genuine sense of community, and I believe that tone was set right at the start.

Yeah, I like that one. It's a very good thread. MC is going to have to bring their A-game if they want to even this out. But don't get complacent. Keep the nominations up. Could be fits/commentary/blends of both/analysis/blends of everything, etc...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This post by Drew in the "$5000 wardrobe" thread.

Even though it's a couple years old, I feel like it's still quite relevant and appeals to a large segment of the SW&D audience. It's informative without delving into affected intellectual ramblings that have become common. The best part is that what most of what Drew listed probably still works for him today.

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for me one of drew's posts has to win. his comments on global fashion trends using tokyo as a microcosmic model of the future were so insightful and well-written- i would pay to read that ****.
also there was a post on leather jacket sizing and matching collar shapes to faces etc that was invaluable- i've tried to find it many times but can't- anybody have a link?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whether it's a valid nomination or not, we can't forget that WAYWT post where StanleyVanBuren threw away the oxford cloth and established himself securely as a member of the SW&D side

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
you guys are the best
cheers.gif

inlove.gif

uhoh.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread/58650_50#post_5089299

StanleyvanBuren nominated by Parker. You guys are kicking old man ass. It's nearly aggravated assault at this point.

SWD 2; MC 0

I like Drew's posts as well, but I think that we want something a little more accessible for now. Maybe that one with matching face shape with the jackets, if you guys could find it, would make a good candidate.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Re: the face shape comments - this one?

Forget if there was a longer one.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
It's from a couple of months ago, but I nominate Charly's post on dressing tips for muscular guys.

It pretty much only applies to the knucks and kunks of the world, but it has some helpful advice that I haven't seen presented before.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics