CONTEST TIME - nominate the best posts on the forum, win prizes, profit. - Ongoing Front Page Conte

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jul 5, 2012.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Contest time. It’s been a while since we did these regularly, officially, and I thought that it’s a good time to start.

We are going to be making some radical changes to the blog format in the future, having the blog be fully integrated with the forum. The purpose will be to house our editorial content and highlight the best of the forum at the same time, and allow readers to interact with the system in the way they feel most comfortable.

The first step will be to find, on a consistent basis, the best posts on the forum.

Every week, I’m going to start a new “nominations” thread, and you can add up more nominations during the week. A “thread or post of the day” will be chosen and featured on the Front Page, every day, or perhaps more or less frequently, depending on the excellence or terribleness of the nominations. J and I will be the final judges, but we may bring in guest judges occasionally, and sometimes, even do things democratically (but not often).

Everything on the site except for Buying and Selling ads, NSFW, Dumb Threads, and Current Events threads and posts, are fair game. Ideally, all the posts will be no more than a week old, but I'll consider things up to a month old if they are really, really, good. There will be a nominations thread in the MC and SW&D forum, but they will not be considered separately. The MC thread is here.

Every month, we’ll put up the posts of the day for a post of the month poal, and we’ll put up a prize for both the winner and the person who nominated the winner, so nominate away. Of course, if you consistently nominate moronic stuff, you may, and will be, subject to the natural consequences, like having your account put in the trust of Connemara for 24 hours.
    At the end of the year, we’ll do a post of the year, and there will be a grand prize to determine which member is the big winner. I haven’t figured out what will be the grand prize, yet, but it will be cool. Maybe a pair of MTO shoes, or 3 belts (i.e. the number I usually buy per season), or maybe an all tweed outfit, or, if the winner is a Streetwear and Denim person, an entire J.Crew wardrobe (for jet), or maybe an outfit that makes you look like the littlest goth hobo.

Let’s start. Who wants to go first? These will be posts for next week. Nominate away.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

3. LA Guy

Nice. I had not even read that one. Keep going.

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

:lurk:

5. StanleyVanBuren

6. LA Guy

More please. Don't let MC win.

7. StanleyVanBuren

Am I the only one reading this thread? I think part of the problem here is that 90% of SWD only read subscribed threads at this point...

8. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

I subscribe to several threads, but I wander around quite a bit too. I guess that I just don't have the same sense of civic duty that would motivate me to recommend "top posts." Also, it feels like if there is any particularly good post in SW&D worth a recommendation, it's either one of the insanely good fits that pops up every now and then, or it happens to be the much rarer, much more discursive posts such as Synth's latest in the Contentedness Thread.

9. StanleyVanBuren

I just attempted to read the MC version of this thread

[​IMG]

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Yes, I almost never leave the subscriptions page :(

And there have been some gems, lately, too!

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

12. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I second that one. ^ was a great post and discussion.

13. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

this probably won't get selected just because the post is so old, but this is probably one of my favorite posts i've read on here re: leather jackets

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  14. hideout

hideout Senior member

15. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I feel like Sipang is underrated. Consistently good threads and pictures, pretty much kept SW&D from devolving into one big Jcrew thread in the post-softy era

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012