• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have one at SouthCoast Plaza. It has the worst staff of any store in the whole mall.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's a difficult balance to maintain - letting people do their own thing, and being helpful. After all, if they were inattentive we'd complain too.
But tbh, you sound a lot like me. In the Eaton Centre I do find them too "friendly", because I'm the kind of person who'd rather mind my own business in a store and browse around, rather than feeling pressured.

I feel like this has a lot to do with what age group someone is in (at least for men). It seems like younger guys generally want to be left alone, while middle-aged and older guys tend to want to be waited on. Ex- The younger guy will browse on his own, the older guy will walk in and ask what pants they have in size X, and wait for the employee to find items and bring them to him.

HAL 9000

Reaction score
I love shopping at CM. They're the sophisticated, but lesser quality of the brands that I actually wish I can shell out on. My only problem with them is that their items tend to be a bit overpriced at full retail, knowing that I can get something better. Their sales are decent... but I wish they would mark down their prices right now.

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love shopping at CM. They're the sophisticated, but lesser quality of the brands that I actually wish I can shell out on. My only problem with them is that their items tend to be a bit overpriced at full retail, knowing that I can get something better. Their sales are decent... but I wish they would mark down their prices right now.

Their full retail stuff is generally ridiculous.

But definitely worth buying when 2+ or more markdowns + student discount.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:satisfied: whoops, it just looked a lot like a gitman shirt or steven alan

The shirt is awesome and is reminiscent of w+h ss 12. I've never seen the shirt in store before. If anyone is selling one, I'd gladly kop it. :) Need a Medium.

Agreed.

Wait a minute. You were able to use your student discount on a sale item? CM employee told me the other day that he could only give me student discount on non-discounted stuff. :plain:

They need to establish some consistency with their pricing.

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirt is awesome and is reminiscent of w+h ss 12. I've never seen the shirt in store before. If anyone is selling one, I'd gladly kop it.
smile.gif
Need a Medium.

Agreed.
Wait a minute. You were able to use your student discount on a sale item? CM employee told me the other day that he could only give me student discount on non-discounted stuff.
plain.gif

They need to establish some consistency with their pricing.

Sounds BS, you can use your student discount on sale items. Except when there's already a promotion going on (ex: -30% off sale items)

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw the new collection at Bloor. Was browsing through it and was told that it could be arranged for me to buy a piece early, if I so desired. Said no thanks, as I didn't really see anything I wanted, plus I'm not sure I'd buy at full price if I did.

HAL 9000

Reaction score

Agreed. Look at their shirts. Quality is mediocre, but the designs are nice. Then there comes the price; I'd rather pay retail for higher quality brand shirts (i.e. Gitman) then pay $100 at CM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads