• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

dunelly

Reaction score
the crew neck or vneck?

i dont want the dipped dye, i want the one in the picture above

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
Anything remotely desirable that had been marked down would've sold by now. Just crossing my fingers for some new markdowns this week.

bhuynh

Reaction score
Picked up a pair a grey chinos this weekend. Show your student card and get 20% off your purchase. Or do what I did and have a cousin who is still in University buy it for you with his student card. :nodding:

malaujai

Reaction score
Anyone have the 'dress chinos' or tried them on? What'd you guys think? I'm hoping for a markdown on them... not sure I'd pay $90 for them even minus the student discount

lofigeek

Reaction score
Online shop comin', expect to hear something about it Monday.

lofigeek

Reaction score
False alarm, the 'big announcement' is some B.S. about a Tommy Ton collab.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of wright cuff trousers for 49.00 down from original 199.00 from Eatons. Good fall weather pants for work.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else kind of turned off by the friendliness of CM employees? Often I just want to browse, then some guy asks me if I need help with something, then I feel awkward. At the Eaton Centre one of the guys asked me if I needed assistance twice. I kind of just want to be left alone.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone else kind of turned off by the friendliness of CM employees? Often I just want to browse, then some guy asks me if I need help with something, then I feel awkward. At the Eaton Centre one of the guys asked me if I needed assistance twice. I kind of just want to be left alone.

I think it's a difficult balance to maintain - letting people do their own thing, and being helpful. After all, if they were inattentive we'd complain too.

But tbh, you sound a lot like me. In the Eaton Centre I do find them too "friendly", because I'm the kind of person who'd rather mind my own business in a store and browse around, rather than feeling pressured.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it's better than not finding help at all, but I kind of prefer the H&M approach. You can go there and browse and still feel anonymous. .

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess it's better than not finding help at all, but I kind of prefer the H&M approach. You can go there and browse and still feel anonymous. .

In Eatons, they ask me how I'm doing and if I need help, I just say no thanks just browsing and they leave me alone.

On that note about H&m. My friend told me that the H&M at Eaton's has a small section that is the premium line. I tried on a nice fitting cardigan. Is this true?

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends really. If you are a new face, they'll be very friendly.

My progression: Me (new) -> friendly service -> Me (buys a lot, becomes a regular) -> leaves me alone unless I need help

On a side note, anything worth buying at full retail atm?

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool shirt. is it a classic, or slim fitting shirt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads