• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

James_M

Reaction score
I popped on after work and there are a couple of blazers marked down and a couple new butt downs as well as the usual grab-bag in the back. Mostly button downs from last season and maybe even the season before as well as some heavier jackets. I didn't look too closely though because the place was a goddamn zoo. They did have some really nice new shorts out that I'll be back to check out. I wish there were more spring jackets. It's such a short season though, here in Toronto, that it's not worth dropping any serious money on spring outerwear. We can tough it out for a few weeks then it's too hot.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those of you who are in NYC

This could be interesting. Club Monaco — which has kinda been making a run at “quality brand” status (on par with J. Crew, anyway) — is throwing a bona fide sample sale (courtesy of Clothingline) starting Monday, 3/19. Through Thursday, 3/22, expect deep discounts — we’re talkin’ $1 to $35 on samples from Fall 2011, Holiday 2011, and even Spring 2012.

Club Monaco Sample Sale –Clothingline – 261W. 36th St btw 7th & 8th Aves – 2nd fl – 11am-7pm Daily – Map

wish i can go....courtesy of the choosy baggar

Essential

Reaction score
^ Does anyone have a lot of experience with Club Monaco sample sales? I've never been to sample sales in general but I hear that you might need to wait hours to even get in; I can probably be there at 4 but it closes 3 hours later, yikes.

Last edited:

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah theres been samples sales prior, but theres a line and most of the tuff is sized M (needed xs and s, i went on the third day, so either there just wasnt much or it got picked outpAnd suiting were pretty big. Some nice ties and shirts , but most of the stuff is miscelaneous shirts/pants that never went into production or didnt sell recently. That said, i got a nice pair of white pants in an interesting cut lmao

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CM is another store derived from RL so that will give you an idea of quality and pricing

Shooter McGavin

Reaction score
Picked up a nice olive nylon down vest which originally sold for $168 for a measly $19 bucks yesterday. With my student discount, it came out to around $17. Pretty crazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads