1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Invictus146

Invictus146 Member

Comparing competing/level brands - JCrew, Uniqlo, Banana Republic - Club Monaco's merino V neck fits me best. A note that Uniqlo's does definitely seem to be cheaper material (as to be expected) and the tightest fit. As a note, the one I have from a years go, while it fits great and was great value has pilled a ton without that much wear

Has/did everyone try the selvedge chinos? I was tempted to nab a pair with the voucher code but waited too long. I know Unbranded/N&F (the latter out of my price range) also makes these kind of things but while I am working on a pair of N&F Weird Guys I would prefer to be able to wash my chinos without really worrying about them. Any thoughts/alternatives?

2. Dear Leader

Dear Leader Well-Known Member

Dude, no.

3. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Well, it worked for me. :nodding:

4. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Selvedge chinos from my haul. Field jacket is going back. The collar is not the same as the one on the website and it fits big.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. irbe

irbe Senior member

^ Also bought. Little loose in the seat area, but i washed and did a quick dry eventhough it says dry cleaning only. Fits great now.

6. althanis

althanis Senior member

I was looking at their peccary gloves - retailed for $250, and then dropped to about $190, and with the extra 30% off it was coming up to about $132. I decided against the purchase eventually though, because Epaulet's new site sale caused a lot of unplanned purchases.

The glove was very very soft though.

7. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

same for me, I was able to stack

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I placed an order over a week ago and it hasn't shipped. Emailed them yesterday and no response. This happen to anyone else?

9. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I have had good experience with their shipping turn around time.

Best way to get an answer is to give them a call.

10. needshoes

needshoes Member

I placed on order last Sunday (25th) and it just shipped out this past Sunday. They must be a little backed up.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

lol just got a shipment notice, no reply from support. guess that's the service you get when shopping for cheap

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Fit pic of sweatshirt from earlier this year. Not sure if this is the same as the Archer sweater they have now and I know when I bought this there were two models of it. Not sure what the name of this one is either:

5'5", 153ish lbs, 38 chest
    Sweatshirt: Size small

[​IMG]

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

lol package arrived 2 hours later. I wonder just how close i live to their shipment facility

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Someone said the selvedge chinos shrink a bit in the wash? Feel bad washing selvedge stuff right away, but did it stretch out agian? The size 33 fits a bit big in the seat but they look nice. Surprised bc I usually fill stuff in the seat like crazy.

15. lofigeek

lofigeek Well-Known Member

I've got the same one, I am pretty sure it's the archer, the other one didn't have the v-notch and had raglan sleeves I think.

I bought the blue overdyed looking one, the Samson, thinking it would fit similar.... not even close, way bigger. not the worst fit, but still way bigger than the Archer

16. irbe

irbe Senior member

You aren't suppose to wash it, it says dry clean only, but I just did anywas. Didn't really stretch out. They felt half a size too big for me. Now they fit perfect. I did cold wash and low heat drying. I like the pants. I think i will grab the blue ones when they mark down further

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

If anyone wants the blue selvedge chinos in size 33 hit me up

18. steezy

steezy Well-Known Member

So I was trying out the Grant and Wright blazer over the weekend. I found the fit to be great except for the length which was too short. Other than the button stance, the two were very similar as they were slim, and the length approximately the same.

Would a short length blazer work for Friday/Weekend night casual outings?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  19. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Short sport coats are trendy right now.

20. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

operative words here