1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. bozothepope

bozothepope New Member

Ahh, I'm just seeing this now. $5 fee, it looks like.

2. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

That's how it typically works at most places.

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

plus all the effort of going to pick it up, then rewrap and address, go back to the post office and mail it back to them, etc. It'll take you at least a half hour to rewrap that sweater and get to a post office and stand in line and mail it out and get back home... to save $8 in shipping?

4. althanis

althanis Senior member

I've added something extraneous to get over to the free shipping limit, then returned it in store, keeping the item I wanted. I did it because the item I wanted wasn't stocked in the size I needed in store, but was available online, and I didn't want to pay for shipping.

I feel I've given them enough of my business to justify this, but others might disagree with this.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  5. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

yeah, it's all good. Their storefronts and online presence are all part of their business.

I've purchased multiple sizes of items online, then returned the items that don't fit in-store. I keep some items and I return some, and just like you said it's more business for CM, and if you're over that free shipping mark it's just an extra incentive. Only one CM store in my city even has men's, and they barely have any selection, and when there's sales online with a ton of selection I'm sure they expect some people to pad their order to get free shipping...and others that will add extra items that they intend on keeping.

6. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Fair enough. Do as you please. Where do you live?

7. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Agreed. Not worth the trouble IMO. Even if you are returning instore you need to factor the time that you spend doing that too.

8. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

Wow, lol. I'm guessing that would work. However, if you're going into the store, why not just buy the socks there?

My best advice would be to spend a couple of days googling coupon codes for free shipping, or wait for a promotion. Seems like less of a hassle to me.

9. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

Gas, bus fare, time, etc, etc.

10. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

11. ennui

ennui Senior member

12. althanis

althanis Senior member

They said they adjusted the fit of it to make it a little slimmer from the previous season's. And as the other poster said it it's not entirely wool.

If you really need a peacoat and are on a budget, I think this would be good. If you're not on a budget, get something that's 100% wool.

13. xxxamazexxx

^ Lol it just went on sale this morning! It's crazy how sometimes Club Monaco marks down the stuff and throws in a 40% off all at once. Literally half the price overnight

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I have this peacoat. It's not all wool as other's have mentioned. I got it from my GF but to be honest I haven't really tested it out much because it's damn cold in Toronto.

It's slim fitting but I wouldn't wear it with anything below -10C

15. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

I'd very much appreciate it if someone could look at the label and inform us what % wool the peacoat is.

Edit: Also, where's it made?

16. xxxamazexxx

^ China, and I'm guessing 80% wool.

17. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Shell | 80% Wool 20% Polyamide
    Lining | 100% Cotton
    Sleeve Lining | 100% Polyester

Made in Turkey

1 person likes this.
  18. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

^ Thanks for that!

Looks like I'm too late for a navy in my size...darn. I grabbed a charcoal instead.

19. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I have the same. I didn't want navy because it's too common and my entire wardrobe is full of Blue to begin with.

Edit.. Is this something new or what? Why are all these new arrivals that are cashmere so darn expensive?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  20. Suicmez

Suicmez Senior member

Just came back from the London, Ontario location. The place is closing and everything there on sale is an additional 70 % off. If anyone wants a proxy just let me know. They have a ton of stuff, and I have a pretty good memory, so just let me know what you need and I'll let you know if they have it/price.
    To give you an idea, I got a navy shawl lapel tuxedo blazer that was normally 545$ (fully lined, canvassed, all wool) for 21$.