1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. zxcvbn

zxcvbn Senior member

Thanks for the heads-up on the sale; picked up what seemed like the last pair of the burgundy wool-cashmere MIUSA pants :)

2. GUYUWO

GUYUWO New Member

The store looks like it got ransacked

3. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

That's so sad. I think I spent more money on CM than any other brand in 2013. Some of my friends are getting into it too.

But it's true that CM caters to a very narrow niche (slim-built fashion-forward urban chic 20-30something with money) and their reach is nowhere as far as J.Crew.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  4. pokpok

pokpok Senior member

Just received my medium peacoat and it was slim fitting in the body and too tight in the arms even with a tshirt on.

Medium being returned and I have a large coming in tomorrow.

5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Has anyone tried their dress chino's or dress pants? I need some dress pants for work

6. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Don't have any from this year, but I think I have some flannel and tweed in Grant and Kennedy.

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

HOw's it hold up?

8. Churchill W

They are holding up good for me. I have a pair in hopsack though where there is too much abrasion where the inseams meet, but I hear that is par for the course if the material has any kind of texture to it. I would like them even better if they had a higher rise. I find that low rise pants are not great for me. I may have posted a few pictures back in this thread when i got them too.

9. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

Did CM have an extended holiday return window for Christmas? Bought some stuff December 19 and need to return some of them...

10. ctu92

ctu92 Senior member

Did anyone here buy the "Clipper" jacket from 2013?

11. jlittlew

jlittlew Member

I'd love some help/advice on fit. I'm looking at the "Grant" wool trousers -- both the normal "wool" and the "Italian wool". I'm looking for a slim a fit as possible (I'm 5' 10" and about 135lbs) but I couldn't find additional measurements on these trousers. Any comments on the rise or how slim they are through the thigh and leg?

I'm also interested in the Made in USA Cotton Blazer in 36R, but again, wondering how boxy it will be. Any advice? Thanks!

12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Well I'm 5'9 and a bit and I"m 145. When I tried on the grant dress pant it was slim but the waist even at 28 was still about an inch big. CM as you know is vanity sized.

Grant is the slim fit and the wright is the more relaxed fit. I can't tell you exact measurements though, just it was slim. Your best bet is to try it on in store.

Buy on sale only unless you have deep pockets.

I'm going to buy some dress pants in the coming future so I can update this thread accordingly

13. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I bought two slim plaid flannel type shirts in Winter 2011 and they look terrific. I regret not buying four. I would gladly pay double (I got them on Black Friday sale 2 for $100) for the same styles in a heavier fabric w/ better materials--although the shirts have held up well and I often receive compliments when I wear them. They will be part of my line-up again next Winter. I also bought two linen shirts at the end of the Summer 2011 or 12 (don't recall) and they have also held up and still look great. I'll wear again this Summer. That said, I looked around this Winter and was disappointed. The shirts feel thinner and shoddier and I didn't care at all for the styles. I don't know if they have hired new designers or what. Club Monaco used to be the best of the mall brands, but I wasn't impressed with my visit this year.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  14. Churchill W

I think most brands are. I rarely find companies that sell pants at actual true waist size. I wear most of my pants in size 30. Brooks Brothers may be one exception, where I wear 31, but that is still vanity sized for me.

15. jlittlew

jlittlew Member

Thanks for the response, appreciate it. The Grant had a pretty decent fit -- but still not quite as slim as I would like. I didn't like the fabric color in person, so returned it.

The Made in USA navy cotton blazer I'm keeping -- it is slim and almost-too-short, but OK. Button stance is a little high, but I think I can live. The fabric is seersucker (which was news to me -- I don't think was specified on the website) but has some cool texture to it. Doesn't have maker label, but the UNITE HERE label inside is nice. Cheesy plastic buttons -- any thoughts on what to replace them with? They are just boring cheap-looking black plastic.

Overall, not too bad for $150, feels like I'll get a lot of wear out of it as a pretty casual spring/summer option. Major upgrade from the $70 Uniqlo cotton blazer that's for sure.

16. irishcafe

irishcafe Active Member

I bought the Davis dress pants last August and have been wearing it about twice a week. It's been held up pretty well. I got it with my sister's school discount. Davis slim fit is much better than JCrew's Urban Slim Fit for me. Definitely worth the money. I am thinking about getting the grey one soon (bought navy).

17. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

How are the lengths of the blazers at Club Monaco?

It seems that their blazers are cut a bit shorter, from how it looks on their models, so I am wodering how a 38s would fit vs a 38r.

I will ultimately check in store, but was wondering if anyone had experience with it?

ps. I also hate how most of their blazers have functioning buttons.

18. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

19. 2doubleu

2doubleu Well-Known Member

20. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Looks warm, I can wear it in spring when there is a light jacket required. If size XS is available next week I'm going to kop it.