1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

Thanks for the response. I actually got the jacket today and I'm so glad I sized up! It's a little tight in the shoulder/trap area even. This Grant fit is going too far. I'm slim, nowhere near built and their 40S is already my last straw.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  2. aether

aether Senior member

when is the next CM sale? They got a few shirts I want to snag.

3. ctu92

ctu92 Senior member

Does anyone have one of the "Clipper" jackets from early in the year? Dying to buy one of those in a large if anyone has one.

4. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

They have one right now. They will have another sale I'm sure at the end of the month as retail slows down so keep an eye out.

5. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Copped CM's black boiled wool bomber jacket @ 50% off sale in-store...fit was immaculate.

50% off instore

40% off online.

6. huffer4

huffer4 Active Member

Got that in the Black/Maroon online a couple weeks ago for the same. For about 24 hours it was $159 then 50% off. Absolutely love it.

7. xxxamazexxx

^ I ordered that one too, was pretty excited but ended up not liking it :( No lining, just feels like a styled-up zip-up sweater.

8. huffer4

huffer4 Active Member

Thats pretty much what I wore it as the two times I've worn it. I think it'll get more use in spring/summer nights for me.

9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Went into Club Monaco. Looked around for 20 seconds. Sales associates glanced briefly, awkwardly.

Turned around. Left store.

It was women's only. [​IMG]

10. xxxamazexxx

This is a silly question, but does anyone know, when you return stuff to the store, if the refund comes from Club Monaco or from the store itself? I feel kinda bad if the refund counts as the store's expense and impacts their performance.

11. bozothepope

bozothepope New Member

Quick question: Club Monaco offers free shipping on orders over $150 in Canada. If I only wanted a pair of $5 socks, could I then in theory also order a $200 dollar sweater to get over the free shipping mark, then immediately return the sweater once I got my package, saving me in the end 8 dollars (their standard shipping fee on orders under $150)?

Is this a thing? Do people do this all the time at other stores and I'm just realizing this little free shipping loophole now? And yes, my name is George Costanza.

12. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Don't be a shit.

2 people like this.
  13. bozothepope

bozothepope New Member

But... is this a thing? Do people do this? I'm new to the online shopping world.

14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

You want a pair of socks? I wasn't aware that CM was the only company that sells socks...

NOT sure if serious brah

1 person likes this.
  15. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

not sure if srs, but this is a dumb plan because you'd be out the cost of return shipping for the sweater.

16. xxxamazexxx

To be fair they provide free shipping as an incentive for you to overbuy, which will increase their revenue and probably profit too if you happen to like the things you throw in. It works for them. But does it work for you to make a $200 purchase for a pair of sock and spend time returning the sweater? You decide.

17. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

not if your return in-store.

18. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

^ that is true, although if you have access to a brick-and-mortar CM than you could probably just buy the socks there (at least, all the ones I've been to seem to have a good selection of them).

19. bozothepope

bozothepope New Member

It was a hypothetical question. I have no interest in buying socks -- it was just the cheapest thing I could think of. My question really has more to do with online shopping/free shipping than solely Club Monaco's policy. But I do believe Club Monaco offers a pre-paid postage label for returns, so there wouldn't be a fee. I was just wondering if this is a common practice.

Yes, you could call it being cheap or being a "shit," but so is making clothes in 3rd world nations and paying your employees pennies.

20. xxxamazexxx

^ well the shipping label is prepaid but they will deduct money from your refund. And let's keep calm shall we...