• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothes Brush

TOstyle

Reaction score
I was looking to get a clothes brush for my suit jackets. I have noticed my winter flannel suits could use a little care and maintenance in these northeastern winters, and figured a brush would help (among other things). I've never bought one before, but I assume something better than the red lint brush I remember as a kid would be on point.

I assume that would mean a hard bristled brush that was relatively broad.Did a search on the forum and haven't seen anything recent, so any advice or recommendations? For context, I would be looking to spend up to US$50, and want this primarily for function - I'll take real horn if I can get it (unlikely at that price range, but hey...might get lucky on ebay??) but I primarily would like a good, useful brush.

Something like this could work:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/redecker-clothes-brush-with-handle/f50809

http://www.amazon.com/Kent-Handcrafted-Clothes-Brush-CC2/dp/B003B3YESC/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1420347452&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=clothes+brush

Or, if it would still work well enough, this: http://www.amazon.com/Home--Garment-clothes-remover-Clothes/dp/B00QQW5ISA/ref=sr_1_cc_6?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1420347452&sr=1-6-catcorr&keywords=clothes+brush

Any other advice or input would be awesome.

woolymammoth

Reaction score
I have two Kent brushes (one for cashmere); I have forgotten the price and probably you will too.

TOstyle

Reaction score
Ha. Good point.

Do you use it regularly? One thing to forget because you don't even know where it is; another because you like it so much and it no longer crosses you mind. I'd prefer the latter...

sskim3

Reaction score
Ha. Good point.

Do you use it regularly? One thing to forget because you don't even know where it is; another because you like it so much and it no longer crosses you mind. I'd prefer the latter...

I would recommend a brushing before and after wear for suits, sports coats, blazers, trousers. The Kent brushes may cost more, but long term wise, you will be satisfied and wondered why it took you so long to buy one. They will last you a lifetime and it becomes second nature to use one.

Relatively to the cost of your wardrobe, definitely a must have.

If you are like most people on the forum, you care for your shoes with shoe trees, shoe polish, shoe brushes, shoe horn. You don't skimp out on the costs either where you getting all of this from walmart (only shoe trees and shoe horns from JAB :p ) Do the same for your clothes.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

[COLOR=FF00AA]I would recommend a brushing before and after wear for suits, sports coats, blazers,[/COLOR] trousers.  The Kent brushes may cost more, but long term wise, you will be satisfied and wondered why it took you so long to buy one.  They will last you a lifetime and it becomes second nature to use one.

Relatively to the cost of your wardrobe, definitely a must have. 

[COLOR=FF00AA]If you are like most people on the forum, you care for your shoes with shoe trees, shoe polish, shoe brushes, shoe horn. [/COLOR] You don't skimp out on the costs either where you getting all of this from walmart (only shoe trees and shoe horns from JAB :p )  Do the same for your clothes.

+1

Jolek

Reaction score
+1 again on the Kent brushes. This link was mentioned in another thread. http://stores.ebay.com/Kentbrushes

Their EBay store sells "defects" but I have yet to find an issue with the one I recently purchased. I use mine for cleaning dog hair off my Canali jacket.

TOstyle

Reaction score
Nice. Too bad there wasn't any for sale now. Slight defects would have for sure been the way to go.

mister_nostyle

Reaction score

Nice. Too bad there wasn't any for sale now. Slight defects would have for sure been the way to go.

+1 again on the Kent brushes. This link was mentioned in another thread. http://stores.ebay.com/Kentbrushes

If anyone's interested, Kent just put up another batch of the "Kent Duet" clothes brushes on the eBay store. One side is for cashmere and the the other is the normal clothes/suit bush side. I just got one of these myself from their eBay store but I haven't test driven it yet.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads