• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic movies that you have never seen...

Man In Space

Reaction score
I must admit that I have never seen the following movies, and I feel like I am the only one.
confused.gif

Rocky
Caddyshack
Airplane
Casablanca

...and until about a month ago, I had never seen a James Bond film (I've since seen two - Dr. No and From Russia With Love.)

I'm sure that there's more, but these are some of the classics that always seem to pop up in conversation and I feel lame for not having seen them.

Anyone care to confess to their own?

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gone with the wind
an entire john wayne movie
rebel without a cause
giant
cat on a hot tin roof
any audrey hepburn movie
close encounters of the 3rd kind
love story
the big chill
terms of endearment
and i haven't been able to sit past the first 1/2 hour of citizen kane

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I have never seen airplane, caddyshack or the godfather. I feel like the only person on the planet who hasn't seen them when others talk about them.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
I have never seen airplane, caddyshack or the godfather. I feel like the only person on the planet who hasn't seen them when others talk about them.
caddyshack is overrated. the godfather is one of the best movies ever made.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
Bladerunner. And I have no intention of seeing it, either.

I've watched Bladerunner four times now, and never once have I made it through without falling asleep. I don't usually make it an hour. I just find it so very boring.

Count me among those who have never seen any of the Godfather movies, or Scarface.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I've watched Bladerunner four times now, and never once have I made it through without falling asleep. I don't usually make it an hour. I just find it so very boring.

Count me among those who have never seen any of the Godfather movies, or Scarface.

This only strengthens my resolve.

I saw Scarface for the first time last week. It's OK.

Love Godfather I (prefer) and II for acting and cinematography. Not overrated IMHO.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As much as I enjoy Caddyshack and Airplane, I'd have a hard time placing them on a list of "classic" movies. Now Deep Throat... that's another story.
smile.gif
I've never watched to the conclusion: Citizen Kane, On the Waterfront, Giant or Rebel Without a Cause. I don't know that I ever will.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never seen...
Star Wars
E.T.
Any more than 30 minutes of any Godfather
Any James Dean
Any John Wayne

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
As much as I enjoy Caddyshack and Airplane, I'd have a hard time placing them on a list of "classic" movies. Now Deep Throat... that's another story.
smile.gif

Yeah. Classics? I think I might have seen Airplane once, but maybe not all the way through, but never have and never will see Caddyshack.

I'm pretty much cinematically marsupialed, so I haven't seen most classic movies and am not really even aware of their existence, so it's hard to name them.

Breakfast at Tiffany's seems to get referenced a lot, and I've never seen that. I caught a scene from The Maltese Falcon once on TV and would like to see the whole thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads